- National: Tradesmen in the southeast up to 25-times more expensive says pricing website
- Regional: Surrey has the UK’s most expensive tradesmen
- North-south divide in builder costs as much as £240-per-hour
- Surrey and London most expensive for tradesmen/women
- Midlands offers best value to homeowners, according to HaMuch.com
A new data survey by building work pricing site HaMuch.com has revealed the stark differences between the southeast and the rest of the UK when it comes to the cost of building work. The divide appears to be drawn at Watford Gap, with the Midlands offering best value, whilst Surrey and London have the most expensive tradesmen.
The spread of prices for common household jobs across the recently-launched website’s 12,000 tradesmen ranged from £10-per-hour to an incredible £250-per-hour, with builders in Surrey charging as much as 25-times more than their counterparts in Nottingham. Plumbers in Surrey also charged an eye-watering 20-times more than those in Caerphilly. Meanwhile, hiring an electrician in London could cost you £250-per-hour, compared with a bargain basement £10-per-hour in Birmingham.