Definitions apply as per our Terms and Conditions for Homeowners and Tradespeople
"including" or “includes” is understood to mean "including without limitation";
- Who We Are
HaMuch Ltd is the controller who is responsible for your personal data.
- What data do we collect and the reasons for processing
The following reasons and data types are as listed. The reasons or data are listed for convenience but may apply to more than one category and including but not limited to:
2.1. To enable us to process your details and job postings and to provide you with access to Tradespeople who match your job request, validate you as a genuine homeowner, provide you with a Homeowner portal, deliver to you relevant content, To match you with suitable Tradespeople, to allow Tradespeople to respond to your job postings. For safety and to prevent fraud.
- Identity Data includes; First name and Last name
- Contact Data includes; Home address, billing address, email address and telephone numbers. If you request this as part of the Service, we will collect your geolocation data from your device whilst using the Service.
- Usage Data includes: information about how you use our website, products and services, job postings, messages you send or receive via the Service
- Reviews about Tradespeople
2.2. For accounting, billing, tax and legal purposes
- Financial Data which is processed by third parties who contract with us. If making a payment using debit or credit card, your payment data will be collected and processed by our secure payment provider
- Tokenised payment information allowing us to collect payments through our payment provider in line with your billing agreement
- Transaction Data includes; details about payments, details of products and services you have purchased from us
2.3. To deliver relevant content and advertisements to you and measure or understand the effectiveness of the advertising we serve to you. To use data analytics to improve our website, products/services, marketing, customer relationships and experiences. For safety and to prevent fraud.
- Technical Data includes; internet protocol (IP) address, your login date, browser type and version, pages visited, time zone setting and location, previous website URL, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access this Service.
2.4. If you are a Trade, to enable us to offer you a Trade Login, for you to post details of your business and respond to job postings, to send you job leads, to match your details with Homeowners
- Profile Data for Trade Profiles includes: your username and password, your Business name, trading style, trading address, selected trades, description, skills, accreditations, logo, photos, prices, email address, phone number.
2.5. So we can send you relevant communications about the Service, job postings or offers
- Marketing and Communications Data includes; your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third parties and your communication preferences
- How do We collect data
We use different methods to collect data from and about you including, but not limited to;
- When you correspond with us by post, phone, email or otherwise.
- You complete a form on the Website, Contact us or post a job
- You register as a Trade
- You enter a competition, promotion or survey or participate in a focus group
- Automated technologies or interactions. As you interact with our website, we may automatically collect Technical Data about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns. We collect this personal data by using cookies, server logs and other similar technologies. We may also receive Technical Data about you if you visit other websites employing our cookies.
- Third parties or publicly available sources. We may receive personal data about you from various third parties including; analytics providers such as Google based outside the EU;
- Financial and Transaction Data from providers of technical, payment and delivery services including Stripe Payments
- From publicly availably sources including; Companies House, 192.com, Facebook, LinkedIn, Trade Websites or Directories, your website and the Electoral Register based inside the EU
- From a friend, if someone else provides your details through the Refer a friend scheme.
- You may use your social media login, such as Facebook to interact with the Service. We do not post anything to your social media profile.
- When you attend an event, talk to us in person or at a trade show
- Sharing your personal information
A primary purpose of this Service is to provide Homeowners with the opportunity to post Jobs. We invite Tradespeople to express interest or availability for your job which may mean that to facilitate this your contact details are passed to them directly. This may include data sharing in order to provide the Service as listed below.
We require all third parties to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. We do not allow our third-party service providers to use your personal data for their own purposes and only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
- If posting a job, Homeowner details will be passed on so that the Tradespeople can contact you directly. Typically, details are only passed onto Tradespeople who have a paid subscription.
- Private Homeowner details including real name, address, phone number or email are not posted publicly on any part of the Service
- Tradespersons details added to the profile area, including Trading name, name, Address, Phone number or Email may be posted publicly or made directly available to Homeowners in relation to a job posting.
We may share your personal data as set out below, including to;
- Third parties contracted with us to provide, develop or administer the technology that provides the Service
- Tradespeople who have accepted our Terms and Conditions and paid a subscription to us
- Third parties to whom we may choose to sell, transfer, or merge parts of our business or our assets.
- Satisfy a legal obligation such as a Court order, investigation or other legal requirements. To protect our legal rights and have a legal basis to do so.
- Legal Basis for Processing Data
When providing us with personal data or using the Service you give consent for us to process your data so that we may provide you with the Service that you have requested. The legal basis for processing your data includes but not limited to:
- Where we need to perform the contract, we have entered into with you.
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests
- Where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation. Or in relation to a legal claim or dispute.
- You have given us your consent
- Your Legal Rights
- You may choose not to provide certain details to the Service, however this may mean that we are unable to provide the service. At least one contact method is required, so Email or Mobile.
- You may view or edit your profile data and job history by logging into your homeowner or trades profile on the website. You may remove your details by clicking on the delete button once logged in.
- Under certain circumstances, you have rights to withdraw consent, Request access to your personal data, Request changes, or Request erasure of your personal data. If this cannot be done from the website, Photo I.D. and answers to security questions may be required to validate your request. We aim to comply in writing within one month. Ordinarily we will not charge for this, however we will levy a charge if the request is repetitive or frivolous.
- You may not request deletion of data that is required for accounting, audit, legal, security purposes, or our legitimate business interest
- We may refuse to provide information, where it involves another member, would normally require a membership payment or where another member’s privacy or safety may be compromised.
- You have the right to make a complaint at any time to the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues (www.ico.org.uk). We would, however, appreciate the chance to deal with your concerns before you approach the ICO so please Contact Us in the first instance at email@example.com
- Opting Out
- You can ask us to stop sending you marketing communications at any time by logging into the website and withdrawing your job or by following the opt-out links on any marketing message sent to you.
- Our ability to effectively contact you is an integral part of the Service. If you choose to opt out of all communications, then we will be unable to provide you with the Service.
- Removing or deleting an Application (iPhone, Android) will not affect your data on the website which is the primary database.
- Where you opt out of receiving marketing messages, this will not affect your personal data provided to us for the provision of the Service. We may still contact you in relation to the Service. To opt out completely and to withdraw your consent for processing, you must delete your profile or inform us that you wish to be added to our suppression list.
- All deleted data from the website, is subject to our Data Retention policy. We may personally contact you about a complaint, claim or dispute, or to follow up on a review or for our legitimate business interest.
- International Transfers
Our data servers are held within the UK. Countries within the EEA have similar standards of legal protection for your personal information. Our external third parties may be based outside the European Economic Area (EEA) so this may involve a transfer of personal data outside the EEA.
Whenever we transfer your personal data out of the EEA, we ensure that we use specific contracts which give personal data appropriate protection.
- Data Retention Policy
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
Subject to any other reason in this policy, your data will be deleted after three years if you have not accessed the service.
Accounting records including financial transaction data, name, invoice details are retained for a minimum of six years.
Job postings are retained for one month after which point the descriptions are anonymised and retained in a non-identifiable format.
For legitimate business interests, we may retain your data for an extended period so that we may defend our legal rights or protect other members, prevent abuse or fraud. This may mean that we retain details of Trades to prevent them trying to create multiple listings, manipulate ratings or join under a different name.
Server Backups are taken by our hosting provider hourly and daily and kept for up to 3 months. We would endeavour to remove previously deleted data, should a restore from backup be required.
In some circumstances we may anonymise your personal data (so that it can no longer be associated with you) for research or statistical purposes in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
- Data Security
We use appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a legitimate business need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
- Third Party Links
All Cookies used by this Website are used in accordance with current UK and EU Cookie Law.
Before the Website places Cookies on your computer, you will be presented with a message bar requesting your consent to set those Cookies. By giving your consent to the placing of Cookies, you are enabling Us to provide a better experience and service to you. You may, if you wish, deny consent to the placing of Cookies; however certain features of the Website may not function fully or as intended.
This Website may place the following Cookies:
Analytical/performance cookies; They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
Targeting cookies; These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
You can choose to enable or disable Cookies in your internet browser. By default, most internet browsers accept Cookies but this can be changed. For further details, please consult the help menu in your internet browser.
You can choose to delete Cookies at any time; however you may lose any information that enables you to access the Website more quickly and efficiently including, but not limited to, personalisation settings.
It is recommended that you ensure that your internet browser is up-to-date and that you consult the help and guidance provided by the developer of your internet browser if you are unsure about adjusting your privacy settings.
This Agreement will be governed by and interpreted according to the law of England and Wales. All disputes arising under the Agreement will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English and Welsh courts.
The Data Protection Laws also give you right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority. The supervisory authority in the UK is the Information Commissioner who may be contacted at ico.org.uk or telephone: 0303 123 1113.