Local car mechanic who can quickly and easily service the brakes or carry out an MOT, regardless if you drive a Honda or a BMW.
No job too small, getting your car valeted or checking the battery life. Or too big, auto body repair and spray or a full engine rebuild.
Expert car mechanic services for cars, motorbikes and scooters include;
- annual service choosing between small (replacing engine oil and topping up fluids), medium (cleaning or changing filters and servicing the brakes) or a major service (in addition to everything else, includes a full diagnostic and tuning)
- MOT certificate to proof road worthiness for a period of a year
- air conditioning, a standard feature in most modern vehicles, which needs to be re-gassed every few years
Repairs and replacements
- brakes and shock absorbers, the most common parts to wear out and need replacing
- batteries, from a recharge after leaving the lights on or old needing replacement
- clutch replacement or repair
- diagnostic systems for fault finding on all makes of cars
- exhausts, repairing a small hole or replacing an entire exhaust to prevent noise and reduced fuel efficiency
- gearbox maintenance, repair or replacement - it's important that they are in good working order as they provide the torque and speed to the engine
- tyres choosing from low profile, run flats, high performance, including the balancing and aligning of the wheels to keep the car stable on the road, reducing wear out
Body work carried out in a garage workshop or as a mobile service
- scratches, chips, paint repairs
- dents from a small paint-less dent to a full panel replacement
- bumper scrapes and scuffs to full replacement
- spray painting whether single panel or a full body spray paint
So, if you need a car mechanic to service or repair your car or motorbike, HaMuch has thousands of friendly, Motor Vehicle Repairers Association (MVRA) mechanics ready to change your brakes, perform an annual car service, balance and align new tyres or fix that alternator issue.
Do you need a car mechanic to fix your car?
When your car breaks down, starts making strange noises or starts flashing lights you’ve never noticed before on the dashboard, it’s easy to panic. Luckily a trusty car mechanic can make a quick assessment of the issue and recommend the best way to rectify it.
Although it can be tempting to Google what’s wrong with your car, or assume you understand the issue from your own prior knowledge, it’s never a good idea to chance a DIY repair on your car. HaMuch makes it easy to find qualified, friendly and reasonably priced car mechanics in your local area. So next time you run into some car trouble, you’ll know who to call!
What does a car mechanic do?
An expert car mechanic will inspect your car and identify problems with anything from the suspension to the engine. They will be knowledgeable and experienced, practised at managing everything under the bonnet of your car, and will be able to source spare parts, fit replacements, or clean and repair faulty components.
The responsibilities of a car mechanic include:
- General car diagnostic work: Car mechanics use specialist diagnostic devices to identify and fix problems with your car quickly and efficiently.
- Inspection of car faults and errors (MOT): Motor vehicles must be inspected at regular intervals, during an annual MOT. When your car undergoes an MOT, the mechanic will check that everything is in order with the vehicle. If something isn’t right, they will recommend appropriate fixes or component replacements.
- Advising on maintenance: A mechanic can recommend the best ways to keep your car in shape and on the road for longer.
- Repairing car faults and damage: The biggest part of a car mechanic’s job is to fix and repair your vehicle at a car repair shop or garage. A mechanic will be adept at many tasks around car repair, from fixing dents and touching up paintwork to replacing engine components.
How to find a mechanic-garage near you?
To find a mechanic-garage service near you, follow our simple three-step process:
- Post your job: Enter the trade and postcode suitable for your project then describe your job.
- Get quotes: We’ll send your job details to mechanic-garage specialists in your area and match you with the professional tradesmen qualified and skilled to complete your work. We’ll notify you via text or email when tradesmen express interest in your job.
- Select your tradesman: Compare rates, proximity, review profiles and experience of the tradesmen interested in working with you. You can use HaMuch to safely message, ask questions or just phone them — you’re in complete control!
Our search tools are designed to help you find a tradesman that best suits your needs, budget and location.
Are you looking for a mechanic-garage? Find the perfect tradesmen for you on HaMuch. Our directory lists vetted, trusted mechanic-garages near you.
C&O Car Services are tooled up and have the computerised equipment to service & repair 90% of all main manufacturers cars and light commercial vehicles. Not only we offer car repairs in ottershaw, but also in further afield, such as in Woking, Chertsey, New Haw and beyond. With over 14 years of experience in the motor industry, we deliver outstanding services and advice to our customers. All of our mobile mechanics are prompt, polite and happy to help you on your way as quickly as possi...
Quick and efficient vehicle repairs in Hanwell At Herman Car Body Repairs Ltd, we have a fully equipped car bodywork repair centre. Contact us today for car body repairs, car respray services or alloy wheel refurbishments. Are you looking for a technician who can repair your car body promptly and professionally? Or is your car in need or respraying services? At Herman Car Body Repairs Ltd, we have over 20 years of experience in providing a wide range of services such as car bodywork re...
An independant mobile vehicle repair business, based in Kirkby In Ashfield, Nottinghamshire. Specialising in all aspects of mobile car repairs and mobile car servicing. AutoFix also have a sister website for the Mansfield area . Please feel free to check it out. AutoFix Mobile Mechanics offers many services to its customers including: Brake repairs & brake servicing, exhausts, suspension repairs, wheel bearings and drivesha...
Sick of having to drag your car over to the garage to get it checked or repaired? We at Sanu mobile Mechanics provide you the service of having your car inspected and carrying out repairs at your doorstep saving our customers time and effort with our Qualified Mechanics working 24/7 around the clock to provide you with the best service possible. What to expect? Our team will appear in our own fully fitted mobile workshop, enabling us to carry out all necessary tasks at your location of choice b...
KZ Autos is a small family owned entreprise where customer satisfaction and confidence in our service are our priorities. We strive to grow by building good relationship with our clients. Our prices might reflect that of the market but it will be accompanied by a warm welcome and happy to serve attitude. We will always do our best to accomodate your needs whether its a regular service, an unfortunate breakdown or a bad accident thats needs immediate repair. Give us a call ...
I did my work experiance in a garage in hampton called J&P motors and worked there while I did my apprenticeship at Kingston University for three years to earn my qualifications. I then went to work for a garage in fulwell for around four years where a had furthered my experience on a wider range of vehicles and became a MOT tester. I then moved to London and Surrey cars in Kingston upon Thames for a further three years where I was workshop controller/foreman then the final garage I worked ...
We are local garage well known in the area we can take care of all of your motoring needs from servicing and repairs and arranging your mot covered by our free collection and delivery service here at Rjgautomotive we will keep you informed all the way on your vehicle status when in our care we keep you customer requirements first we provide quality repairs at affordable prices with a prompt reliable woman friendly customer service we are also trusted trader member and offer a recovery service i...
Hi Welcome to Top-Fit Mobile Mechanic For over 20 years I have been dealing with professional Car/Van diagnostic,servicing and repair.For all these years spent in the automotive industry have allowed me to gain the necessary experience and skill which now guarantees me a stable position at the market. In the era of advanced technology I try to meet all requirements and standards carries modern automotive and a demanding customer. By using my service you can count on full professi...
We are a mobile mechanic service with more than 20years experience in the trade For smaller jobs or unroad worthy vehicles/non start we offer a mobile service. We can carry out servicing and repairs to cars and light commercial vehicles at your home or work place. For larger jobs such as engine replacement we offer a workshop in which to do the work . Some of the services we offer Batterys,brakes,suspension, electrical,timing belts/chains ,clutches,engine and gearbox repairs
We have been trading since 1995 we are Imi approved have air conditioning machine diagnostics and able to recover vehicles locally can do all mechanical repairs mot test externally and all repairs relating to tgen insirance work taken on both body work and warranty policy work
Elite Auto Services mobile mechanic in Aldershot, for all you vehicles needs including servicing, repairs, diagnostics and MOTs in Aldershot, Farnborough, Frimley, Guildford and the surrounding area. We will work on any make and model of vehicle. Highly rated on Checkatrade.
I am a confident elec and mechanical Automobile Engineer. Professional and multi skilled in aspects of Engineering and repairs service roles. Proven experience in building and sustaining jobs as well as supporting and consulting. Seeking an executive level within a client focussed company.
We cover all over London.
We are on time and give all the support that we can give you at that time.
Thanks for looking at my new page. I am a mobile mechanic with over 20 years experience. I can carry out most work to your vehicle and you dont have to lift a finger. I come to you, whatever the weather, be it at work or at home. I work on all makes and models, but I am a fully qualified Land rover specialist with a vast amount of experience and knowledge. Whether you own an old VW or the latest Land rover, my guarantee is to provide you with a cost effective, polite and honest service.
With over 35 years experience there isnt much we havent seen. We cover all service schedules and can use original parts to keep up any warranty your car may have .....we also have a fully equipped vans for mobile repairs and tyre fitting at your home or place of work . We aim to assist you within 1 hour of your call and if we are unable to repair your car at the roadside we will recover it and take it to our fully equipped workshop ..... We operate a 24hrs 7 days a week emergency call-outse...
from 0 to 50 of 356
|Average hourly rate of 356 car mechanics in the UK excluding VAT or callout charge|
Jobs for Car Mechanics
Clutch replacement and repair
Car Mechanic: Average Hourly and Daily Rates around
|Location in UK||Hourly Rate||Daily Rate|
|Car Mechanic near Wolverhampton||£31||£183|
|Car Mechanic near Lisburn||£35||£210|
|Car Mechanic near South Tyneside||£35||£150|
|Car Mechanic near Bedford||£42||£245|
|Car Mechanic near Eastleigh||£45||£311|
|Car Mechanic near Bridgend||£40||£273|
|Car Mechanic near Slough||£43||£255|
|Car Mechanic near Wycombe||£39||£220|
|Car Mechanic near Dudley||£33||£203|
|Car Mechanic near Horsham||£45||£250|