Do I Need a Tyre Fitter Mechanic?
Simply put, tyres keep our cars on the road. Having healthy tyres prevent us from veering off a wet UK road, ending in an accident and having to call out an emergency breakdown. As our life really does depend on decent tyres, with enough tread and fitted professionally, so that they are balanced and aligned for correct contact with the road and ensuring a smoother ride with less wear on the tread and less strain on the drivetrain, it is best to rely on the experts and have new tyres professionally fitted rather than buying a tyre off eBay and trying to fit it yourself.
Nowadays tyre fitters really do make it easy to keep up good health of tyres, by even offering to come to our homes and fit the tyres while our car is parked on the driveway. Tyre manufacturers (e.g., Goodyear, Dunlop, Michelin…) insist that regardless of the amount of tread left on a tyre, that the tyre is replaced every 10 years. This is because the age causes the rubber to breakdown and cracks can appear on the sidewall. If the tread of a tyre is close to reaching 1.6mm then it needs to be changed before the tyre is deemed illegal.
What Do Tyre Fitter Specialist Mechanics Do?
A tyre fitter expert is a specialist mechanic who can best advice you on which tyre is right for your car. This will depend on the width, height and wheel diameter your vehicle needs and whether your car uses run-flat tyres or needs extra-load tyres.
The duties of a tyre fitting garage include:
- Checking the health of your tyres: Making sure that there is enough legal tread on the tyre, and no cracks or sign of aging as well as noting how old the tyres are as even good makes of tyres will perish over the years with age.
- Fixing punctures: Rather than a replacement of a tyre, if the puncture is in a certain area of the tyre, then you can have a plug fitted. This is normally when a nail is pulled out of the tyre and as long as it is not too close to the sidewall but rather closer to the middle of the tyre as this is known as the ‘minor repair area’. The plug will stop the tyre leaking pressure.
- Replacing tyres: Specialist tyre fitter will replace your old tyres with new tyres and while doing this, may offer a service of rotating your existing tyres so that the new tyres are placed in the front (where the heavier load is in the car with a seated driver and the engine and sometimes a passenger) and rotate the older tyres to the back. This is also because most cars are front wheel driven.
- Balancing: this can be done when replacing tyres or if you have hit a pavement or pothole hard, or driven 10,000 miles since your last balancing, it is a good idea to pull in to the tyre fitters to have your wheels re-balanced. Wheel balancing is an inexpensive way of keeping your car and tyres in peak performance.
- Wheel alignment: again like having balanced your wheels, this is good to have the tyres re-aligned when having new tyres fitted as this ensures that your car drives straight without pulling to one side as it is making sure the tyres are all sitting in a decent position to each other and the road.
How to find a tyres mechanic-garage near you?
To find a tyres mechanic-garage service near you, follow our simple three-step process:
- Post your job: Enter the trade and postcode suitable for your project then describe your job.
- Get quotes: We’ll send your job details to tyres mechanic-garage specialists in your area and match you with the professional tradesmen qualified and skilled to complete your work. We’ll notify you via text or email when tradesmen express interest in your job.
- Select your tradesman: Compare rates, proximity, review profiles and experience of the tradesmen interested in working with you. You can use HaMuch to safely message, ask questions or just phone them — you’re in complete control!
Our search tools are designed to help you find a tradesman that best suits your needs, budget and location.
Are you looking for a tyres mechanic-garage? Find the perfect tradesmen for you on HaMuch. Our directory lists vetted, trusted mechanic-garages near you.
With over 35 years experience there isnt much we havent seen. We cover all service schedules and can use original parts to keep up any warranty your car may have .....we also have a fully equipped vans for mobile repairs and tyre fitting at your home or place of work . We aim to assist you within 1 hour of your call and if we are unable to repair your car at the roadside we will recover it and take it to our fully equipped workshop ..... We operate a 24hrs 7 days a week emergency call-outse...
✅ Free Vehicle Heath Check, ✅ Fluid Check & Top Ups, ✅ Tyre Pressure and Condition Check some of most popular tyres supplyed Michelin, Continental, Perelli, Bridgestone, Goodyear, Yokohama, Toyo, Kumho, Avon, Dunlop, Falken, Barum, West Lake, Firestone, Uniroyal, BF Goodrige, Fulda, Kleber ✅ Servicing services and repairs Diagnostics fault finding Tyre Fitting, Tyre Supply & Fit, Puncture Repairs, Locking Wheel Nut Removal ✅ Diagnosis ✅ Re...
If you are looking for a quality building and construction team you can depend on in the Essex Hertfordshire and London areas Well, look no further. Here at Upstream energy and construction services Ltd, we believe in the work we do, so you can only expect the best service and results each and every time. We are committed to being the best at what we do, serving clients by not just meeting their expectations, but exceeding them.
Im Bruno Pinto, with 16 years of mechanical experience. I make mobile from the Aylesbury area up to 70 miles.I do services on all types of vehicles, Cars, trucks and agricultural tractors.Just get in touch for more information.+07832191599
Aylesbury (HP20) up to 70 miles
reliable, organized, punctual, respectful
We offer a wide range of services and repairs you may need to keep you, your family and business on the road.MOT Repairs, Oil and Filter change, 3 levels of service, Glow Plugs, Brakes, Suspension, Steering, Aux Belts, Timing Belts, Water Pumps, Alternators, Starter Motors, Batteries, Exhausts, Radiators, Wheel Bearings, Clutches, Diagnostics, And more.
Having had an interest in mechanics since the age of 14, to then going onto work in the industry; I...
Shirley Car Care Ltd. Is a family run business with Dave, the father, who has worked as a self-employed mechanic in and around Southampton since the late 80s. His two sons enjoyed going to work with him from an early age and have now grown up to become highly skilled and experienced technicians, running the workshops in the Shirley district. Luke and Mark are the two directors and main technicians in the business, whilst Dave works on customer relations and online enquiries. Emma ...
Quick and efficient vehicle repairs in Hanwell At Herman Car Body Repairs Ltd, we have a fully equipped car bodywork repair centre. Contact us today for car body repairs, car respray services or alloy wheel refurbishments. Are you looking for a technician who can repair your car body promptly and professionally? Or is your car in need or respraying services? At Herman Car Body Repairs Ltd, we have over 20 years of experience in providing a wide range of services such as car bodywork re...
Car Mechanic: Average Hourly and Daily Rates around
|Location in UK||Hourly Rate||Daily Rate|
|Car Mechanic near Vale Royal||£42||£315|
|Car Mechanic near Barnsley||£34||£236|
|Car Mechanic near Test Valley||£34||£283|
|Car Mechanic near Windsor & Maidenhead||£43||£253|
|Car Mechanic near Broxtowe||£38||£253|
|Car Mechanic near Leeds||£33||£220|
|Car Mechanic near Luton||£43||£260|
|Car Mechanic near Bolton||£38||£239|
|Car Mechanic near East Devon||£40||£320|
|Car Mechanic near Wirral||£39||£291|