Do I Need a Tyre Fitter Mechanic?
Simply put, tyres keep our cars on the road. Having healthy tyres prevent us from veering off a wet UK road, ending in an accident and having to call out an emergency breakdown. As our life really does depend on decent tyres, with enough tread and fitted professionally, so that they are balanced and aligned for correct contact with the road and ensuring a smoother ride with less wear on the tread and less strain on the drivetrain, it is best to rely on the experts and have new tyres professionally fitted rather than buying a tyre off eBay and trying to fit it yourself.
Nowadays tyre fitters really do make it easy to keep up good health of tyres, by even offering to come to our homes and fit the tyres while our car is parked on the driveway. Tyre manufacturers (e.g., Goodyear, Dunlop, Michelin…) insist that regardless of the amount of tread left on a tyre, that the tyre is replaced every 10 years. This is because the age causes the rubber to breakdown and cracks can appear on the sidewall. If the tread of a tyre is close to reaching 1.6mm then it needs to be changed before the tyre is deemed illegal.
What Do Tyre Fitter Specialist Mechanics Do?
A tyre fitter expert is a specialist mechanic who can best advice you on which tyre is right for your car. This will depend on the width, height and wheel diameter your vehicle needs and whether your car uses run-flat tyres or needs extra-load tyres.
The duties of a tyre fitting garage include:
- Checking the health of your tyres: Making sure that there is enough legal tread on the tyre, and no cracks or sign of aging as well as noting how old the tyres are as even good makes of tyres will perish over the years with age.
- Fixing punctures: Rather than a replacement of a tyre, if the puncture is in a certain area of the tyre, then you can have a plug fitted. This is normally when a nail is pulled out of the tyre and as long as it is not too close to the sidewall but rather closer to the middle of the tyre as this is known as the ‘minor repair area’. The plug will stop the tyre leaking pressure.
- Replacing tyres: Specialist tyre fitter will replace your old tyres with new tyres and while doing this, may offer a service of rotating your existing tyres so that the new tyres are placed in the front (where the heavier load is in the car with a seated driver and the engine and sometimes a passenger) and rotate the older tyres to the back. This is also because most cars are front wheel driven.
- Balancing: this can be done when replacing tyres or if you have hit a pavement or pothole hard, or driven 10,000 miles since your last balancing, it is a good idea to pull in to the tyre fitters to have your wheels re-balanced. Wheel balancing is an inexpensive way of keeping your car and tyres in peak performance.
- Wheel alignment: again like having balanced your wheels, this is good to have the tyres re-aligned when having new tyres fitted as this ensures that your car drives straight without pulling to one side as it is making sure the tyres are all sitting in a decent position to each other and the road.
How to find a specialist tyres car mechanic near you
To find a specialist tyres car mechanic near you, follow our simple three-step process:
- Post your job: Enter the trade you need and the postcode of your project then describe your job.
- Get quotes: We’ll send your job details to tyres car mechanic specialists in your area and match you with local professional tradespeople qualified and skilled to complete your project. We’ll notify you via text or email when a tradesperson is available to quote.
- Select your tradesman: Compare rates, proximity, review profiles and experience of the tradesmen interested in working with you. You can use HaMuch to safely message, ask questions or just phone them — you’re in complete control!
Our search tools are designed to help you find a tradesman that best suits your needs, budget and location.
Are you looking for a tyres car mechanic? Find the perfect tradesmen for you on HaMuch. Our directory lists vetted, trusted car mechanics near you.
With over 35 years experience there isnt much we havent seen. We cover all service schedules and can use original parts to keep up any warranty your car may have .....we also have a fully equipped vans for mobile repairs and tyre fitting at your home or place of work . We aim to assist you within 1 hour of your call and if we are unable to repair your car at the roadside we will recover it and take it to our fully equipped workshop ..... We operate a 24hrs 7 days a week emergency call-outse...
✅ Free Vehicle Heath Check, ✅ Fluid Check & Top Ups, ✅ Tyre Pressure and Condition Check some of most popular tyres supplyed Michelin, Continental, Perelli, Bridgestone, Goodyear, Yokohama, Toyo, Kumho, Avon, Dunlop, Falken, Barum, West Lake, Firestone, Uniroyal, BF Goodrige, Fulda, Kleber ✅ Servicing services and repairs Diagnostics fault finding Tyre Fitting, Tyre Supply & Fit, Puncture Repairs, Locking Wheel Nut Removal ✅ Diagnosis ✅ Re...
If you are looking for a quality building and construction team you can depend on in the Essex Hertfordshire and London areas Well, look no further. Here at Upstream energy and construction services Ltd, we believe in the work we do, so you can only expect the best service and results each and every time. We are committed to being the best at what we do, serving clients by not just meeting their expectations, but exceeding them.
Bolton Manchester bury wigan
Accident And Breakdown Recovery Services Covering Bolton, Manchester and Wigan. Don’t panic, we’ll reach you as quickly as possible. Fast recovery when you need it the most. Ace Recovery offer 24 hour accident and breakdown recovery service 365 days a year. For local recovery of your vehicle we can respond within 60 minutes of the call being logged with us. We are a small, professional and friendly team and provide FREE quotations, competitive and realis...
Recommended by many clients, I offer a Precision Quality Building & Engineering Service: Carpentry Joinery and structural work, Guttering Soffit and Fascia. I work in Steel, Wood, Concrete & just about anything. So Im ready for any challenge- and If its broken or needs repairing- I will probably be able to fix it. All work is to the highest standard possible. I take extreme pride in everything I do. I am Fully Insured & Qualified for all work I take on, and work to Health & Safety Regulations....
Im Bruno Pinto, with 16 years of mechanical experience. I make mobile from the Aylesbury area up to 70 miles.I do services on all types of vehicles, Cars, trucks and agricultural tractors.Just get in touch for more information.+07832191599
Aylesbury (HP20) up to 70 miles
reliable, organized, punctual, respectful
We offer a wide range of services and repairs you may need to keep you, your family and business on the road.MOT Repairs, Oil and Filter change, 3 levels of service, Glow Plugs, Brakes, Suspension, Steering, Aux Belts, Timing Belts, Water Pumps, Alternators, Starter Motors, Batteries, Exhausts, Radiators, Wheel Bearings, Diagnostics, And more.
We are a home run family business which enables us to keep our overheads down, we pass these savings onto our customers. With ...
Mobile Mechanic Services in Coventry, UK - On-Site Car RepairsGet professional and reliable mobile mechanic services in Coventry, UK. We offer on-site car repairs and maintenance for all makes and models. Book now!Expert Mobile Mechanic Services in Coventry, UKWelcome to our mobile mechanic business in Coventry, UK. We are a team of highly trained and experienced technicians who bring the garage to you. No matter where you are in Coventry, we will come to you and repair your vehicle on the spot....
Quick and efficient vehicle repairs in Hanwell At Herman Car Body Repairs Ltd, we have a fully equipped car bodywork repair centre. Contact us today for car body repairs, car respray services or alloy wheel refurbishments. Are you looking for a technician who can repair your car body promptly and professionally? Or is your car in need or respraying services? At Herman Car Body Repairs Ltd, we have over 20 years of experience in providing a wide range of services such as car bodywork re...
Car Mechanic: Average Hourly and Daily Rates
|Location in UK||Hourly Rate||Daily Rate|
|Car Mechanic near Edinburgh||£20||£155|
|Car Mechanic near Luton||£43||£259|
|Car Mechanic near Torbay||£38||£225|
|Car Mechanic near Macclesfield||£35||£236|
|Car Mechanic near South Cambridgeshire||£43||£314|
|Car Mechanic near Flintshire||£44||£319|
|Car Mechanic near North Lanarkshire||£28||£187|
|Car Mechanic near Cheltenham||£41||£272|
|Car Mechanic near Bradford||£35||£215|
|Car Mechanic near Manchester||£38||£236|