Do You Need a Car Service and MOT Specialist?
Taking regular care of your car is necessary not only to ensure peak performance, but also to identify and repair any issues before they become a serious problem. Car servicing and maintenance is a legal requirement, with UK law dictating that vehicles must have a valid MOT test certificate to be deemed roadworthy, and that this must be renewed once per year.
To ensure your car is roadworthy and avoid legal penalties, it is your responsibility to get your car serviced at least a month prior to your MOT’s expiration date. If you don’t, and your car is in an accident, it could affect your insurance claim, especially if there is an injury.
Whether your car is due for an MOT or experiencing faults such as an engine failure, a broken windscreen, broken seatbelts, broken headlights, poor tyre tread or a faulty gearbox, you need to get it serviced by a professional. A local car service centre will be able to check that your vehicle complies with minimum UK road safety and environmental standards. HaMuch can help you find car service and MOT near you!
What Does a Professional Car Service and MOT Contractor Do?
Whether you are after a local mechanic who specialises in MOT servicing, or a local garage that offers a full range of diagnostic services and repairs, a professional servicing mechanic will check your vehicle is safe to drive on the road. Their responsibilities include:
- Vehicle diagnostic testing and inspections: Professionals will check the overall condition of your car, including the brakes, pedals, levers, exhaust, fuel and emissions, warning lights, mirrors, and your wipers and windscreen. They will do a brake performance test; check your tyres for cuts, lumps, bulges and tears; and ensure your tyre tread depth does not fall below the legal limit of 1.6 mm. Specialists inspect the security and condition of your seat belts and restraint systems, including the attachment and adjustment fittings. An MOT will also involve a general inspection of the bodywork of your car to ensure it’s free from excessive corrosion or any sharp edges that may cause injury.
- Car MOT, servicing and repairs: MOT specialists will provide a comprehensive repair service, involving anything ranging from cosmetic bodywork repairs to a full engine rebuild.
How to Find an MOT Expert and Car Service Near Me?
To find a car MOT service near you, follow our simple three-step process:
- Post your job: Find your location, either by typing in your postcode or town, or selecting from our extensive list of regions, counties and cities in the UK. We ask you to select your maximum budget, so that you never pay more than what you can afford. Post the details of your job and we’ll match you with tradesmen in your area who are qualified and experienced to do the work.
- Get quotes: We’ll send your job listing to car mechanics in your area. We’ll notify you via text when three tradesmen have expressed interest in your job.
- Select your tradesman: Review the profiles and experience of the tradesmen interested in working with you. You can use HaMuch to read customer reviews from people just like you, compare rates and see how close they are to you. You can even communicate with tradesmen to discuss the work before making your decision — you’re in complete control!
Our search tools are designed to help you find a tradesman that best suits your needs, budget and location.
Are you after a servicing and MOT specialist to ensure the roadworthiness of your car? Don’t risk fines or prosecution in the event of an accident — get your car serviced today! HaMuch lists vetted experts and allows you to compare prices, so that you can find a tradesman near you with ease.