Do I Need a Car Parts Specialist to Exchange or Replace My Car Parts?
As you use your car over time, the efficiency of its moving parts will decrease. When something breaks or wears out, you’ll be needing to find a replacement part and have it fitted before a more serious fault occurs.
Smaller spare car parts can require replacement as part of a repair for larger components. For example, a new silencer might be needed to fix your car’s exhaust system, or a new belt might be needed for its engine.
Even if you feel confident that you know your shock absorbers from your brake pads, and you are considering taking a punt at buying spare parts for your car yourself, we strongly advise heading to a local car parts store and finding a specialist to source and fit the parts. Accidentally fitting the wrong parts could void your car’s warranty, or cause problems with its performance.
What Does a Car Parts Mechanic Do?
A car parts mechanic is fully versed in the workings of your vehicle and knows how to source, repair and replace the right parts to keep it running optimally, whether they’re a small independent car parts specialist or part of a larger organisation such as Euro Car Parts. Their responsibilities include:
- Diagnostics: A regularly running engine of any car is bound to develop faults through general wear and tear. A car parts mechanic will run diagnostic tests to identify issues, using specialist tools like a stethoscope, vacuum gauge and vacuum pump, and can examine any and all parts of your vehicle you feel need a look at, from exhaust to tyres. Once the problems have been identified, they will talk to you about the possible solutions and make recommendations about which parts to purchase, then fit and test the new parts to ensure everything is working fine.
- Car electrical servicing and replacement: Car parts mechanics help to fix ignition issues or battery problems, and can also perform an in-depth analysis of other faults that may occur with things like radios, lights or anti-theft systems. They can also install a new sound system.
- Engine and gearbox replacement: Gearbox and engine problems can be a result of leakage of the automatic transmission fluid (ATF) and grinding or shaking of the gears. A car parts mechanic can assist in correcting engine problems by conducting a thorough diagnostic check and sourcing and installing the required engine car part.
How to find a car parts mechanic-garage near you?
To find a car parts mechanic-garage service near you, follow our simple three-step process:
- Post your job: Enter the trade and postcode suitable for your project then describe your job.
- Get quotes: We’ll send your job details to car parts mechanic-garage specialists in your area and match you with the professional tradesmen qualified and skilled to complete your work. We’ll notify you via text or email when tradesmen express interest in your job.
- Select your tradesman: Compare rates, proximity, review profiles and experience of the tradesmen interested in working with you. You can use HaMuch to safely message, ask questions or just phone them — you’re in complete control!
Our search tools are designed to help you find a tradesman that best suits your needs, budget and location.
Are you looking for a car parts mechanic-garage? Find the perfect tradesmen for you on HaMuch. Our directory lists vetted, trusted mechanic-garages near you.
We offer a wide range of services and repairs you may need to keep you, your family and business on the road.MOT Repairs, Oil and Filter change, 3 levels of service, Glow Plugs, Brakes, Suspension, Steering, Aux Belts, Timing Belts, Water Pumps, Alternators, Starter Motors, Batteries, Exhausts, Radiators, Wheel Bearings, Diagnostics, And more.
We are a home run family business which enables us to keep our overheads down, we pass these savings onto our customers. With ...
✅ Free Vehicle Heath Check, ✅ Fluid Check & Top Ups, ✅ Tyre Pressure and Condition Check some of most popular tyres supplyed Michelin, Continental, Perelli, Bridgestone, Goodyear, Yokohama, Toyo, Kumho, Avon, Dunlop, Falken, Barum, West Lake, Firestone, Uniroyal, BF Goodrige, Fulda, Kleber ✅ Servicing services and repairs Diagnostics fault finding Tyre Fitting, Tyre Supply & Fit, Puncture Repairs, Locking Wheel Nut Removal ✅ Diagnosis ✅ Re...
An independant mobile vehicle repair business, based in Kirkby In Ashfield, Nottinghamshire. Specialising in all aspects of mobile car repairs and mobile car servicing. AutoFix also have a sister website for the Mansfield area . Please feel free to check it out. AutoFix Mobile Mechanics offers many services to its customers including: Brake repairs & brake servicing, exhausts, suspension repairs, wheel bearings and drivesha...
We are a mobile mechanic service with more than 20years experience in the trade For smaller jobs or unroad worthy vehicles/non start we offer a mobile service. We can carry out servicing and repairs to cars and light commercial vehicles at your home or work place. For larger jobs such as engine replacement we offer a workshop in which to do the work . Some of the services we offer Batterys,brakes,suspension, electrical,timing belts/chains ,clutches,engine and gearbox repairs
Ds mechanics engine &a gearbox specialist we have been a family run business for 15 years our work is guaranteed from services batterys to cam belts engine rebuilds gearbox rebuilds diffs all work undertaken we also provide a light commercial service our prices are the best around with a guarantee we dont you use cheap parts
Shirley Car Care Ltd. Is a family run business with Dave, the father, who has worked as a self-employed mechanic in and around Southampton since the late 80s. His two sons enjoyed going to work with him from an early age and have now grown up to become highly skilled and experienced technicians, running the workshops in the Shirley district. Luke and Mark are the two directors and main technicians in the business, whilst Dave works on customer relations and online enquiries. Emma ...
I am a confident elec and mechanical Automobile Engineer. Professional and multi skilled in aspects of Engineering and repairs service roles. Proven experience in building and sustaining jobs as well as supporting and consulting. Seeking an executive level within a client focussed company.
We cover all over London.
We are on time and give all the support that we can give you at that time.
A friendly classic car garage run by classic enthusiasts. We specialise in Jensens but look after everything from a Morris Eight to a Facel Vega HK500. Suspension work Engine work Servicing using correct parts Gearbox change Electrical fault finding Bodywork to the highest standard These are just some of the things we do to mainly 1950s to 1980s cherished classic cars. Occasionally we have cars for sale on behalf of their owners. "From a light bulb change to a complete concours res...
We have been trading since 1995 we are Imi approved have air conditioning machine diagnostics and able to recover vehicles locally can do all mechanical repairs mot test externally and all repairs relating to tgen insirance work taken on both body work and warranty policy work
We at Birch Construction East Anglia offer expert advice and intelligent extension design ideas to show you how to effectively add space and value to your home. Our team will arrange everything you need to know from planning permission for your addition to estimating how much your extension project will cost.
introducing morgan mobile a friendly mobile repair service for all your motoring needs from simple bulb replacments to engine work on vehicle ranging from private cars too 7.5t horsebox farm equiptment and any engine powered equiptment i cover a large part of south west wales from porttalbot to redroses and most places inbetween dont be afraid to message me to find out what service i can provide for you at an affordable rate all work garenteed
Honest friendly flexible to customers 30 years experience city and guilds qualified We can provide an after work /evening service so customers can have cars repaired wirhout losing time off work we do charge additionally for this service price on application
Jobs for Car parts
Require Rear axle bushes Replaced on Seat Leon Cupra 180 MK1 2002 Reg AD02 GHU
Car Mechanic: Average Hourly and Daily Rates around
|Location in UK||Hourly Rate||Daily Rate|
|Car Mechanic near Rhondda, Cynon, Taff||£46||£282|
|Car Mechanic near Exeter||£38||£257|
|Car Mechanic near Wycombe||£39||£220|
|Car Mechanic near Stafford||£32||£208|
|Car Mechanic near Solihull||£37||£265|
|Car Mechanic near Slough||£44||£264|
|Car Mechanic near Leicester||£30||£197|
|Car Mechanic near Stroud||£40||£245|
|Car Mechanic near Oxford||£46||£228|
|Car Mechanic near Rochdale||£38||£212|