See local Floors Carpenter & Joiners rates and get quotes
Local carpenter and joiner who can quickly and easily sand down the wooden floor and stain it to match the skirting board.
No job too small, repairing scratches on solid wooden flooring or colour matching the flooring wood to furnishings. Or too big, install a low maintenance and long-lasting floor of parquet, floating or solid wooded floors.
Domestic wooden flooring carpenter services include;
Repairing wooden flooring
- fixing dents or scratches with wood filler and wood stain
- sanding old stain off wooden floors ready for a new oil or stain
- reglueing parquet hardwood blocks that have lifted
- re-joining tongue and groove wooden floorboards or replacing a damaged piece and staining it to match the rest of the floor
- fixing loose or creaky boards
- repairing gaps in floorboards
Replacement of wooden flooring
- Advising on which style is best suited to the home, e.g., square edged boards in a Victorian home to match the other wooden features such as sash windows
- constructing new flooring to replace old rotten flooring keeping with the same style, e.g., Herringbone
- replacing an entire floor or just a damaged area of hardwood flooring
- sanding and varnishing with the option of staining after a new floor has gone down
- replacing skirting boards to match and compliment new wooden flooring
So, if you need a carpenter or joiner to service or repair flooring in your home HaMuch has thousands of friendly, Institute of Carpenters (IOC) registered professionals ready to help sand down to remove scratches from your wooden floors, replace old parquet flooring and design matching hardwood stairs for your wooden floors.
Do I Need a Floor Fitter, and How Do I Choose One?
A great wood floor fitter will provide your home with beautiful flooring, and so it’s important to select a local tradesman who will ensure that your wood floors are high-quality, durable and easy to maintain. Wood floors have many advantages over other floor types like laminate, however they do have to be installed correctly in order to be of benefit. There are many instances when you might require the expertise of a wood floor contractor:
- If you want to remodel the interior design of your home
- If your floorboards are squeaky or broken
- When your current floor is due for renovation, perhaps because it is wearing out or the joists are damaged
- If you’re building a new home from scratch
- If you’re changing the use or function of a room — converting a living room into a dining room, for example. There are many types of rooms that will benefit from a wood floor, whether aesthetically or practically.
In all of the above circumstances, it’s advisable to seek the advice of a local wood floor fitter. Whether you’re embarking on new wood floor installation, or restoring some old wood floor in your home, you will need a local flooring contractor, who will handle the entire process and ensure your improvements to your home’s wood floors increase its value.
If you’re looking for floor fitting services for your home or commercial property, use HaMuch to find a quality tradesman near you. Compare prices and customer ratings to find a specialist you can trust.
What Does a Wood Flooring Contractor Do?
Flooring contractors specialise in flooring installation and repair. Their work ranges from fitting carpets and tiles to laying timber wood and replacing laminate. These specialists will be able to select the right materials for your floor based on the intended use of your room, your budget, and the overall aesthetic you want to create, from carpet and wood to resin and asphalt.
The responsibilities of a professional flooring specialist include:
- Preparing work spaces: Before laying the wood flooringl, it’s important the work area is prepared to ensure the longevity of your new floor. A specialist will clear the work area and remove old floors if required. If they are building a new floor, they will first lay a concrete sub-floor, then lay screed (a thin layer of specialist concrete) to ensure it is level.
- Administrative duties: While installing a new floor is largely a practical job, as with any work there are administrative tasks to be completed. These duties include working with other tradesmen on site (during renovation or building), estimating the cost and amount of materials needed, and liaising with the main contractor if the floor work is part of a larger job.
- Carpentry duties: Wood floor fitters are equipped with specialist carpentry skills that allow them to work with the materials needed to complete the job. They’ll be experts in installing different types of wood flooring, whether that’s parquet, floating or solid wood floors, and they’ll be able to attend to small details like sanding down the wood to make sure it’s even, and matching it up with any pre-existing skirting on your walls.
- Finishes: The right finish can make a big difference to your floor. A wood floor fitter will usually wax or spray your floor for protection and decoration.
- Wood floor repair and maintenance: Your floor installation doesn’t end when your wood floor has been fitted. Professional floor fitters will also be on hand to repair and maintain your floor, ensuring that it lasts for many years to come.
How to find a floors carpenter-joiner near you?
To find a floors carpenter-joiner service near you, follow our simple three-step process:
- Post your job: Enter the trade and postcode suitable for your project then describe your job.
- Get quotes: We’ll send your job details to floors carpenter-joiner specialists in your area and match you with the professional tradesmen qualified and skilled to complete your work. We’ll notify you via text or email when tradesmen express interest in your job.
- Select your tradesman: Compare rates, proximity, review profiles and experience of the tradesmen interested in working with you. You can use HaMuch to safely message, ask questions or just phone them — you’re in complete control!
Our search tools are designed to help you find a tradesman that best suits your needs, budget and location.
Are you looking for a floors carpenter-joiner? Find the perfect tradesmen for you on HaMuch. Our directory lists vetted, trusted carpenter-joiners near you.
Hi, I am a Hungarian Carpenter/Joiner I usually work with hardwood but I also work with natur and laminate materials. I can make dining table, office desk, coffe table, bath tube by hardwood. I can make wardrobes, kitchen units, selves, etc. by natur MDF, Laminated MDF or veneered MDF I can lay woodenfloor/parquette, and repairing, or refurbishing. Laminated floor laying. Door fitting, skirting board, kithchen fitting or making. Bespoke Garden house making. Roof making, r...
Hi there, we at (we are floors) are offering some fantastic deals beating all uk stores and online offers ... all of our operatives hold cscs health and safety cards and are all trained to a NVQ level 3 in flooring ... all of our work is guaranteed and finished to the highest standard...
We do sanding floors fitting new floor we are full ecperienc
We are a small family run business who give our customers our full attention with us being as small we manage to keep the costs of projects down we have over 40 years experience between us with projects ranging from new build to conversations our main contract is one of the larges retail outlets in the world and we have worked along side them for 12 years we do no that we cant please ever customer as expectation are always different but we do try our hardest to do so our feed back and rec...
We are a small business that pride ourself in outstanding craftsmanship we have been established since 2014 and have over 10years experience we cover all aspects of carpentry and joinery.
Honest , reliable and experienced.
Jobs for Floors
Carpenter-joiner near NW6
At our community centre, we'd like to remove some carpet and put down some vinyl flooring. The room is 23.41 square metres. Please message me with a quote, do not ring.
Carpenter-joiner near ME8 6LQ
Good afternoon, The building is 50+ years old and the upstairs has had a woodworm issue in the past which has decreased the structural integrity of the floor boards. I would like a carpenter to look at the flooring upstairs and discuss replacing individual boards versus replacing the entire flooring. If this is a service you provide and you have availability in the future, please provide a quote. Thank you for your time.
Carpenter-joiner near SW11 5LH
I need my living and dining sanded as I want a lighter shade for preference it is engineered wood. I would of done myself but I don’t have time. The floor is engineered wood
Carpenter-joiner near IG11 9TJ
Looking to have squeaky floorboards in 2 bedrooms fixed
Carpenter-joiner near Edinburgh
We recently had engineered wood flooring installed and are not happy with the stairs and room transitions. The plastic bits used have come up and we need a quarter round wood piece cut and fitted to two doors and a small piece to the bottom of stairs. The angle piece initially fitted has come off the stair. This was the best option from our flooring guy and we now are looking for better options to solve these gaps between rooms and stairs. Ideally would like this done in the next 1-2 weeks to prevent damage to new flooring.
Carpenter-joiner near M33 3AE
Desire to lower joists and flooring on 2nd floor Victorian semi in Sale
Carpenter-joiner near SR3
15 meters laminate to lay x
Carpenter-joiner near CR8 2BA
Repairing or replacing creaking/squeaky stairs and flooring in bedroom and hallway
Carpenter-joiner near Warrington
Remove existing vinyl tile flooring, prepare, screed and lay new LVT flooring. Approx 33 sq m
Carpenter-joiner near G33 3PL
Carpenter-joiner near St32ln
Want ceiling boarded
Carpenter-joiner near SS178ED
Fix damaged sagging floorboard on first floor landing. Also boxing in electric and gas meters located under stairs in living room.
Carpenter-joiner near B774ND
Floor fitting carpenter
Carpenter-joiner near BT4 2PA
Wooden flooring damaged by old woodworm. Needing boards replaced and restrained.
Carpenter-joiner near S445BH
In my daughter's bedroom the floorboards are lifting up and broken near her bedroom door
Carpenter-joiner near B43 5BJ
Sagging floor, looking for quotes for repair
Carpenter-joiner near SK5 6SU
Floor hallway landing small area
Carpenter-joiner near SK5 6SU
Floor hallway landing small area
Carpenter-joiner near Eh7 6ln
Change carpet to laminate flooring
Carpenter-joiner near Hx2 0tf
Floor board rotted due to leak. Replacing floor boards in bathroom
Carpenter-joiner near BL84AH
Laying of a solid wooden floor, already purchased. Lounge area
Carpenter-joiner near Leeds
Howdens kitchen units to be fitted
Carpenter-joiner near NE17 7PW
Wooden floor have carpet at moment
Carpenter-joiner near N7 7HP
Engineering wood Floor pop-up at some area I need to fix that
Carpenter-joiner near DN5 0EN
Need 8 doors hanging. Interior.
Carpenter-joiner near LE3 9LL
Hello, Please need flooring to repair and laminate 3 bedroom and wall plastering and painting. Thanks Mas
Carpenter-joiner near BN3 1EL
I have a lounge chipboard floor that needs replacing. Some damp got in and the current floor is uneven.
Carpenter-joiner near PH7 3FA
Hi, Looking to confirm availability and a quote to install circa 55m2 LVT click flooring at our house in Crieff? (herringbone) It’s in the new drovers gate development. Our entry date is Friday 18th Nov so anytime after would be great. I’ve sent a link to the flooring below: https://www.luxuryflooringandfurnishings.co.uk/deluxe-brushed-suede-herringbone-click-vinyl.html Thanks in advance David Walker
Carpenter-joiner near NG33 4LH
Replacement of chip board floor in bedroom due to creaking 4x4 metre sq
Carpenter-joiner near KA91QZ
FIT WOODEN FLOORING TO HALL
Services for Carpenter & Joiner
Carpenter & Joiner: Average Hourly and Daily Rates around
|Location in UK||Hourly Rate||Daily Rate|
|Carpenter & Joiner near North Wiltshire||£26||£199|
|Carpenter & Joiner near Northampton||£26||£199|
|Carpenter & Joiner near Colchester||£28||£210|
|Carpenter & Joiner near Plymouth||£21||£175|
|Carpenter & Joiner near Exeter||£23||£174|
|Carpenter & Joiner near The Wrekin||£26||£176|
|Carpenter & Joiner near Sevenoaks||£31||£216|
|Carpenter & Joiner near South Tyneside||£24||£176|
|Carpenter & Joiner near Barnsley||£24||£183|
|Carpenter & Joiner near Vale of Glamorgan||£29||£202|
Find hourly & daily prices for Carpenter & Joiners in the UK