Local staircase specialist who can quickly and easily fit a contemporary staircase for your house extension with a modern banister to match.
No job too small, fixing a crack in the wooden railing or repairing a riser that has come loose and no longer sitting neatly under the tread. Or too big, refurbishing a traditional wooden staircase complete with a grand balustrade topped off with a solid wood banister.
Domestic staircase specialist services include;
- staircase renovations, replacing worn treads and risers, repairing any cracks
- removing old staircases, to recycle and make way for a new staircase matching the flooring
- new staircases, bespoke designs (spiral, traditional or contemporary) suiting the space of the home for the staircase as well as choosing all the timber and design of the timber for the handrails and spindles
- banister repairs, replacing a broken spindle or a crack in the spindle or handrail
- removing old banisters for recycling and making way for new to be fitted
- new banisters, choosing different designs for the spindles and handrails to compliment the interior
So, if you need a staircase specialist to service or repair a staircase in your home HaMuch has thousands of friendly, British Woodworking Federation (BWF) registered professionals ready to replace an old banister with a safe new wooden banister connected to existing spindles, build a bespoke open tread staircase in stained oak, guaranteeing that your staircase and banister is the centrepiece of your home.
Why You Need a Staircase and Banister Specialist
Whether you are considering building a new staircase, or repairing and restoring an existing one, the quality of design, construction and installation is a vital concern.
There are a number of situations that might require a staircase and banister specialist, from taking on a large-scale building project to repairing weak and creaking steps. Staircase specialists possess a unique level of craftsmanship to ensure that stairs act as not just a functional connection between living levels, but that they also meet your aesthetic design requirements. There is a variety of designs and types, from modern staircases and banisters to rustic ones, and from spiral to traditional L-shape. Whatever your needs, a staircase specialist can advise on the best design and materials for you.
What Does a Staircase and Banister Specialist Do?
Building a new staircase — or repairing an existing one — is a task that requires specialist knowledge. Design, comfort and, of course, safety, all play a major role. Some of the services that staircase fitters and staircase remodel contractors might offer include:
- Staircase and banister design: Every staircase build starts with a design. During planning, certain dimensions must be observed to ensure smooth and safe access to living areas. Staircase and banister contractors can create floor plan designs that consider various staircase layouts to determine what will work best for the space available. If you also want to install staircase lighting, your specialist will be able to ensure your staircase design can accommodate it.
- Staircase and banister installation: Building a new staircase involves following a careful process. Precise planning and measurements are critical, as even a small error can compromise the safety of your stairs. When calculating steps, the amount of space available will determine the shape and slope ratio of the staircase. A staircase specialist will consider all these aspects in the design, production and installation of your stairs, in addition to mounting the banister and fitting its spindles.
- Fitting and safety regulations: Your staircase specialist will ensure that your staircase is fitted securely and according to safety regulations. Stair and banisters fitters will ensure the various guidelines are adhered to, preventing slips and falls.
- Advice on the right type of staircase: When building a new staircase, it’s important to understand that staircases come in many different shapes and sizes. The shape of your stairs will depend on the space you have available and the size of your room. You can choose from spiral stairs, straight stairs, L-shaped stairs, curved staircases and many other options besides, but it’s important to make sure you have the space and foundations to accommodate them.
- Advice on the right material for your staircase: Just as with stair types, there’s a lot of variety when it comes to the material your staircase is made from. Glass, steel and wood will all give your home a unique aesthetic and will require different means of construction — staircase and banister fitters can provide advice on what’s right for you.
How to find a staircase & banister carpenter-joiner near you?
To find a staircase & banister carpenter-joiner service near you, follow our simple three-step process:
- Post your job: Enter the trade and postcode suitable for your project then describe your job.
- Get quotes: We’ll send your job details to staircase & banister carpenter-joiner specialists in your area and match you with the professional tradesmen qualified and skilled to complete your work. We’ll notify you via text or email when tradesmen express interest in your job.
- Select your tradesman: Compare rates, proximity, review profiles and experience of the tradesmen interested in working with you. You can use HaMuch to safely message, ask questions or just phone them — you’re in complete control!
Our search tools are designed to help you find a tradesman that best suits your needs, budget and location.
Are you looking for a staircase & banister carpenter-joiner? Find the perfect tradesmen for you on HaMuch. Our directory lists vetted, trusted carpenter-joiners near you.
PI Building specialise in balustrade installation, staircase and balconies installation, glazing and metal works. We also undertake renovation projects, decking replacement, materials supply and uPVC windows replacement. We are proud members of Federation of Master Builders and BBA approved.
I have 30 years experience in joinery and carpentry fitting kitchens and 2ad fix joinery doors international and exterior. staircase fitted and all other joinery work undertaken i have NVQ in Joinery and A NVQ in fire safty for fitting fire rated doors and fireproofing
Carpenters with 20 years experience in Building , completed to a high standard and offer the best quality for competitive prices MY SERVICE LOFT CONVERSION , LOFT DORMER , SKYLIGHT WINDOWS WOOD FLOORING( HARD/SOFT) , LAMINATE, DECKING , PLYWOOD FITTING: KITCHENS, WORKTOP, STAIRCASE, SHELVES, CABINETS, WARDROBE DOORS/ WINDOWS (HANG,ADJUST,REPAIR), SKIRTING,ARCHITRAVES,DOOR STOP OFFER SERVICE : PAINTING TILING Qualifications & Accreditations NATIONAL VACATIONAL QUALIFICATI...
Hi everyone! My company was founded in 1999 we specialise in wide aspects of building industry such as property refurbishment, custom made furniture, kitchen installations, staircase fitting, lighting, garden decking, flooring etc. We guarantee affordable prices, full understanding of client needs and keeping your property in appropriate condition. We cover areas such as Bromley, Sidcup and Bexley. Smsts certificate £5,000,000 liability insurance
JM Builders deliver the finest Work Here at JM Joinery and Building Specialists we pride ourselves in our work ethics, the quality of work we offer, the attention to detail and also the highest level of customer service that we give to every individual customer. We do not leave a project until our customer is 110% satisfied with the work we have carried out. Builders delivering the goods! JM Joinery and Building Specialists work with domestic and home care clients also offering our full ...
Our maidenhead based Carpentry, Joinery & Building company can offer a complete single room or property solution to you. Working with hand picked local trades to cover every element of your project. We are dedicated to completing your project (large or small) in a clean and safe manor, with quality results, on time, and within your budget. Contact us on 07545079019 or email; email@example.com Facebook.. http://www.facebook.com/jmdcarpentryjoinerybuilding If you are looking to inst...
Bespoke Custom Carpentry / Joinery. CKCarpentry specialises in one off carpentry / joinery projects. Recent projects undertaken, Hardwood footbridge for National Trust, glass fronted walk in wardrobe drawers and units, Hand painted library in country manor house, Renovation of 1960s Shepherds hut, 9m hardwood greenhouse in private garden estate, Vinyl collection display for collector, Epoxy resin river table and other epoxy projects, 3d end grain chopping boards, as well as 20 years experienc...
Any queries about any joinery ,woodwork , tiling or general building jobs around the house? If you are looking for someone to design and build high quality furniture for you then you have come to the right place!We produce handmade, individually commissioned work. We have no standard sizes, no standard materials and no standard designs - just furniture that meets your precise requirements without comprise. We are professional and friendly small family business. Projects such as bespoke ki...
DAZ-build We have specialised in the carpentry/joinery and refurbishment fields. We are pleased to work to your specifications utilising our own extensive experience in design and planning. Skills 1. Construction 2. Restoration & Refurbishment 3. Carpentry 4. Joinery & Cabinet Making 5. Design & Planning 6. Conversions - General 7. Kitchen Fitting 8. Bathroom Fitting 9. Painting & Decorating 10. Tiling 11. Hard Flooring 12. Handyman About us DAZ-build * We are a reliable and ...
We are a friendly reliable service in the Cardiff and surrounding areas. Our plumbers, carpenters and tradesmen are fully qualified, Trust Mark accredited and Gas safe registered (Corgi Registered). We are experts in our field and have gathered years of experience. Our rates are competitive and we offer high quality workmanship and dedication to each job we take on.
We are a fair local professional company that thrive on good work we have a loyalty scheme through our app on I store or amazon we provide email text and letter reminders for all our gas certificates try out our beautiful bathrooms you wont be upset
Professional woodworker with over 20 yrs of experience in carpentry & joinery. Covering internal & external work from doors to fence work & anything inbetween. Free quotations. Family run business covering Norfolk & Suffolk offering a reliable professional service to both corporate and private customers. Available to work with you to create bespoke designs to meet your individual requirents, as well as offering fitting and installation of pre made items. Services covered incl...
C.L.Corfield Ltd are a well estblished (1963) family run business, who take great pride in providing a quality service. Our services over the years range from new build properties down to changing a faulty guttering bracket, no job is ever too big or small.
Highly skilled tradesman with full city and guilds qualifications. Customised furniture designed and manufactered to customers requirements
Furniture manufacturing done off site and delivered and installed with as little inconvenience as possible
Fully qualified NVQ level 2 tiling and slating 15 years experience Highly recommended customers Ive worked for in the past Free quotations and advice Match and beat any like-for-like quotation Covering Northampton and the surrounding areas
Homestar cares about your personal space, and strives to provide the finish you have imagined. Homestar can offer you project management to deliver your project as quickly and inexpensively as possible. We like to offer our trade discount on materials, and work closely with our suppliers, such as City Plumbing Supplies, Jewson, Travis Perkins, Benchmarx kitchens, Tile Giant and so on, to ensure your idea is planned and costed before any work is agreed on. Full updates while work is in progress,...
Jobs for Staircase & banister
Replace straight stair bannister and spindles in oak
Carpenter & Joiner: Average Hourly and Daily Rates around
|Location in UK||Hourly Rate||Daily Rate|
|Carpenter & Joiner near Plymouth||£21||£175|
|Carpenter & Joiner near Dundee||£27||£219|
|Carpenter & Joiner near Neath Port Talbot||£23||£177|
|Carpenter & Joiner near Gedling||£24||£189|
|Carpenter & Joiner near Waveney||£23||£174|
|Carpenter & Joiner near Havant & Waterloo||£28||£211|
|Carpenter & Joiner near Bath & North East Somerset||£24||£197|
|Carpenter & Joiner near Newcastle-upon-Tyne||£23||£188|
|Carpenter & Joiner near North Tyneside||£23||£190|
|Carpenter & Joiner near Huntingdonshire||£31||£202|