Local carpenter who can quickly and easily design a wooden pergola or a wood covering for your BBQ.
No job too small, help with a platform for a treehouse or design a neat way to hide and store your outside wheelie bins. Or too big, create oak beams to give the inside of your home more character or build a wooden carport for you to keep your car protected from the weather when parked on your drive.
Domestic timber structure services include;
- Fit and supply oak beams for inside a home
- Rebuild the wooden roof frame
- Design a wooden conservatory frame with matching windows
- Build a wooden pergola, carport or gazebo
- Create a BBQ storage area to also grill undercover when bad weather
- Design a hot tub shelter so that you can enjoy a hot tub with privacy
- Construct storage for wheelie bins
- Erect a treehouse / fort for children
So, if you need a carpenter to service or repair something wooden in or out your home HaMuch has thousands of friendly, The Guild of Master Craftsmen registered professionals ready to help with your oak frame extension, wooden wheelie bin storage and wooden BBQ or even hot tub shelter.
Why Do You Need a Timber Structure Specialist?
Are you planning to build a garden cabin, wooden pergola, garden office or a treehouse for your children? You may be considering building it yourself, but this is a large undertaking that requires the expertise and skill of a professional timber structures expert.
Whether you are creating more space for storage, a place to work or an environment you can enjoy in your downtime, consulting a timber structure specialist is vital. These specialist carpenters can review your timber structure design and then erect it safely, avoiding pitfalls you might not have foreseen yourself. This ensures the structure is both safe and fit for purpose.
What Does a Timber Structure Specialist Do?
The services provided by timber structure specialists are wide-ranging and can include:
- Providing advice on building permits and legal considerations: Before you start to build a garden cabin or any other timber structure, you should check your local laws and regulations. In the UK, you must acquire approval before building a new structure. This may require planning permission or, at the very least, a building permit. There will be strict guidelines on the height of your structure to ensure that it does not overlook your neighbour’s garden and cause privacy issues. There are also guidelines surrounding the depth of the foundations during excavation, as well as a minimum distance your garden cabin or building must be from any neighbouring properties. If in doubt, it’s best to speak to your local council, where someone will be able to offer you with advice. When you make your application for a building permit, a timber structures contractor will also inform you of local legal requirements and ensure they are adhered to during the construction process.
- Determining the correct foundation: Once planning has been approved, your timber structures specialist will decide which foundation is best for your garden cabin, garage or building. This may include a plastic shed base, cement or timber. The type, size and intended use of your structure will determine the type of foundation you need. Larger garden cabins for outdoor workshops, offices or summerhouses, for example, will require a concrete foundation, which will provide a solid and long-lasting support for the structure. For a smaller garden shed that’s intended for storing bikes, tools and garden furniture, a plastic shed base will suffice. Either way, once the base is in place, it’s time to start thinking about the timber frame structure.
- Different types of timber: This is where an expert’s knowledge really comes into play. Not all types of wood are the same. Making the wrong choice could result in the wooden walls of your cabin cracking, swelling or even shrinking. This is even more pertinent in the summer and winter, when seasonal changes can play havoc with certain types of timber. It might turn out that an oak timber structure, for example, is the best for your particular garden due to a variety of factors. A timber structure specialist can not only ensure the most durable and high-quality material is used, but also that it’s appropriately treated to last.
- Timber structure building: Constructing a garden cabin is a labour-intensive task that could take several days. Engaging the services of a timber structure specialist will save you time, effort and even money — as building your new space in the wrong way could lead to you spending money on a professional to repair it. Using care and precision, your contractor will construct and fit the various components of your timber building, including doors and windows. The roof structure is incredibly important and must be watertight to prevent leaks and pitched correctly to enable rain water run-off. The weight of the roof must also be considered so as not to compromise or put pressure on the body of your cabin, garage or shed. Your contractor may also engage the services of an electrician to provide lighting and power.
- Aftercare: A timber structure expert will provide you with aftercare advice, including which paint and wood protection treatment you should regularly apply to ensure durability and longevity. Wood is a natural material that is susceptible to mould and algae, and so it requires ongoing care.
How to find a timber structures carpenter-joiner near you?
To find a timber structures carpenter-joiner service near you, follow our simple three-step process:
- Post your job: Enter the trade and postcode suitable for your project then describe your job.
- Get quotes: We’ll send your job details to timber structures carpenter-joiner specialists in your area and match you with the professional tradesmen qualified and skilled to complete your work. We’ll notify you via text or email when tradesmen express interest in your job.
- Select your tradesman: Compare rates, proximity, review profiles and experience of the tradesmen interested in working with you. You can use HaMuch to safely message, ask questions or just phone them — you’re in complete control!
Our search tools are designed to help you find a tradesman that best suits your needs, budget and location.
Are you looking for a timber structures carpenter-joiner? Find the perfect tradesmen for you on HaMuch. Our directory lists vetted, trusted carpenter-joiners near you.
I am qualified C&G Carpenter and Joiner working at Flatpack-Handyman with many years experience in house maintenance and handyman jobs. I can provide Furniture Assembly, Door Hanging, Odd Jobs, Painting & Decorating, Wooden Flooring Installation, Fitting Shelves, Fitting Cabinets, Picture Hanging, Mounting TV, Bespoke Furniture, Boxing in Pipes, Sliding Doors Fitted Wardrobes, Bespoke TV cabinets, Bespoke shelving, Built-in cupboards, Custom-designed library, Kitchen units and more. Free Quotes....
Carpenters with 20 years experience in Building , completed to a high standard and offer the best quality for competitive prices MY SERVICE LOFT CONVERSION , LOFT DORMER , SKYLIGHT WINDOWS WOOD FLOORING( HARD/SOFT) , LAMINATE, DECKING , PLYWOOD FITTING: KITCHENS, WORKTOP, STAIRCASE, SHELVES, CABINETS, WARDROBE DOORS/ WINDOWS (HANG,ADJUST,REPAIR), SKIRTING,ARCHITRAVES,DOOR STOP OFFER SERVICE : PAINTING TILING Qualifications & Accreditations NATIONAL VACATIONAL QUALIFICATI...
I have 40 years plus experience in construction. I trained as a cabinet maker. Therefore I am spot on with details. I am passionate about delivering customer demand. I can turn my hands to most things. Should I need to . My work is neat from beggining to end. I am city and Guilds certified. My customer service and reputation is second to none. Go to checkatrade.com reavd my reviews. I cover a 25mile radius. Customers cannot go wrong choosing creative carpenters. We deli...
DAZ-build We have specialised in the carpentry/joinery and refurbishment fields. We are pleased to work to your specifications utilising our own extensive experience in design and planning. Skills 1. Construction 2. Restoration & Refurbishment 3. Carpentry 4. Joinery & Cabinet Making 5. Design & Planning 6. Conversions - General 7. Kitchen Fitting 8. Bathroom Fitting 9. Painting & Decorating 10. Tiling 11. Hard Flooring 12. Handyman About us DAZ-build * We are a reliable and ...
We all love our homes, but sometimes we would like to make it even more special by transforming unused spaces with an extension, installing new attractive elements or approaching those overdue repair works that make a world different in appearance and condition. However, only a serious professional can provide lasting results and seamless finishing, which makes even the most modest job seem remarkable. At DHR Specialists, we are a team of experts in home improvement working, who guarant...
From sash windows, fitted wardrobes or a fully fitted kitchen, let JSC Development Central (Ltd) build to your bespoke requirements from initial brief to completed project and all at a prices to suit every budget. If you are looking for a local carpenter and joiner contact us now and find out how you can get the best local service in at a price that suits your budget. We offer a wide range of joinery and carpentry packages from garage conversions to suspended ceilings and more. We always take ...
Our carpenters are experienced highly qualified craftsmen right at the top of their trade. By using the best tradesmen in the industry. We have carried out carpentry and joinery works including renovating residential properties, commercial offices, retail shops and the communal areas of buildings. Working alongside architects and interior designers, our team are able to programme, oversee and deliver each project to a high standard. Work we do for example : Bathrooms Boarding up & securin...
Any queries about any joinery ,woodwork , tiling or general building jobs around the house? If you are looking for someone to design and build high quality furniture for you then you have come to the right place!We produce handmade, individually commissioned work. We have no standard sizes, no standard materials and no standard designs - just furniture that meets your precise requirements without comprise. We are professional and friendly small family business. Projects such as bespoke ki...
We are a friendly reliable service in the Cardiff and surrounding areas. Our plumbers, carpenters and tradesmen are fully qualified, Trust Mark accredited and Gas safe registered (Corgi Registered). We are experts in our field and have gathered years of experience. Our rates are competitive and we offer high quality workmanship and dedication to each job we take on.
We are a fair local professional company that thrive on good work we have a loyalty scheme through our app on I store or amazon we provide email text and letter reminders for all our gas certificates try out our beautiful bathrooms you wont be upset
Being a reliable company with a reputation to uphold, Stay Cool HVAC ltd engineers are well trained and always professional in their approach to their work. Whether you require the Air Conditioning for domestic, commercial or industrial purposes, our expert team are always here and happy to help. With full and ongoing training to the highest standards in all aspects ofair conditioning installation , air conditioning repairs and air conditioning maintenance every make and model of a...
Professional woodworker with over 20 yrs of experience in carpentry & joinery. Covering internal & external work from doors to fence work & anything inbetween. Free quotations. Family run business covering Norfolk & Suffolk offering a reliable professional service to both corporate and private customers. Available to work with you to create bespoke designs to meet your individual requirents, as well as offering fitting and installation of pre made items. Services covered incl...
C.L.Corfield Ltd are a well estblished (1963) family run business, who take great pride in providing a quality service. Our services over the years range from new build properties down to changing a faulty guttering bracket, no job is ever too big or small.
Fully qualified NVQ level 2 tiling and slating 15 years experience Highly recommended customers Ive worked for in the past Free quotations and advice Match and beat any like-for-like quotation Covering Northampton and the surrounding areas
We are a construction company that have been providing professional high quality work for 25 years. We work mainly with listed and period properties, barn conversions and outbuildings but also combine more contemporary and modern works as well. We are members of the Federation of Master Builders and the government backed Trustmark association.
Jobs for Timber structures
I Need someone to fit new joist down in the loft I already have the joist just need fixing to the wall plate to supporting wall fixing along the ceiling joist day rate peferred Thanks
Carpenter & Joiner: Average Hourly and Daily Rates in the UK
|Location in UK||Hourly Rate||Daily Rate|
|Carpenter & Joiner near Maidstone||£27||£203|
|Carpenter & Joiner near Thurrock||£30||£215|
|Carpenter & Joiner near Thanet||£22||£179|
|Carpenter & Joiner near Plymouth||£21||£173|
|Carpenter & Joiner near Rotherham||£22||£175|
|Carpenter & Joiner near Walsall||£29||£178|
|Carpenter & Joiner near Leicester||£23||£185|
|Carpenter & Joiner near Coventry||£25||£175|
|Carpenter & Joiner near Scottish Borders||£27||£212|
|Carpenter & Joiner near Lisburn||£16||£129|