Local carpenter who can quickly and easily remove the decaying timber from a sash window frame and rebuild a matching frame to fit in the space.
No job too small, oiling the wood of the sash windows or inspecting for any signs of rot damage. Or too big, removing rotten timber and fitting a new frame of same dimensions and style to the old sash window case.
Domestic sash window carpenter services include;
- refurbishing box sash windows
- draught proofing sash windows
- building bespoke sash window cases to dimensions needed, matching the interior style of the home including flooring
- replacing single glaze frames with double glaze sash window frames
- inspecting and servicing or oiling the case for a sash window
So, if you need a carpenter and joiner to service or repair window frames in your home HaMuch has thousands of friendly, British Woodworking Federation (BWF) registered professionals ready to build and install a timber sash window frame, help draught proof around the wooden window frames and replace old rotten frames.
Why Do You Need a Window Specialist?
Are your sash windows prone to condensation? Do they keep getting jammed and no longer slide smoothly? Are the wooden window frames or window sills cracked? Perhaps you’re experiencing aesthetic issues, such as frayed cords or a cracked and peeling frame. In any of these scenarios, it’s time to find a professional who specialises in window repair.
Sash windows are an easy way to add some much-needed character to a property. Combining aesthetic appeal with practicality, they not only give your home a traditional feel, but they are also the best option for protecting it from intruders. To maintain the beauty and functionality of sash windows, regular upkeep is required. Sash window maintenance and repair is essential for ensuring the longevity of your windows.
What Does a Window Specialist Do?
Whether you need new cords, a new frame or replacement locks and parts, window and sash window restoration requires technical know-how. Fitting or repairing windows is an art — there’s much more to it than simply sliding a sheet of glass into a frame. Consideration must also be given to window pane construction, noise insulation and energy efficiency. You can expect the following from a sash window repair expert:
- FENSA certification: Before you decide which specialist to hire for your sash window repair, it’s vital you first make sure that anyone you consider is certified by FENSA (Fenestration Self-Assessment Scheme). FENSA is a government-approved body and is the industry standard for self-certification. Any specialist who installs replacement windows or doors must comply with FENSA’s strict thermal performance standards, with the reduction of energy loss being the driving force behind this requirement.
- Sash window repair and maintenance: Sash window repair and maintenance needs to be ongoing to maximise the lifespan of your sash windows and maintain its charming character. Sash windows with timber frames are susceptible to rot and decay when continually exposed to the elements. A sash window repair specialist will apply the correct treatment during the process. All the standard sash window fittings such as window panes, cords, pulley wheels, meeting rails, locks, sash weights, window sills and paint work are also common focus areas when it comes to repair work. Regular repair and maintenance ensures the architectural and structural integrity of your sash windows.
- Sash window installation: During installation, waterproof flashing is fitted and pilot holes are drilled into the frame. Your specialist will ensure the window is well-prepared and level before it is set and screwed into place. If you have older sash windows, you may be wondering whether new double-glazed glass sheets can be fitted into the pre-existing wooden frames. This will depend on a number of factors, and can only be determined by a sash window specialist doing a thorough assessment of your windows.
- Sash window noise reduction: Apart from keeping the cold out, double-glazed sash windows also provide protection from noise pollution. Whether it’s barking dogs, noisy neighbours or busy traffic, it is the responsibility of your sash window specialist to ensure that you are well-shielded from outside noise. Modern and newer sash windows have built-in protection against noise pollution, but older windows lack efficient insulation. To fix this problem, a professional will ensure that draught excluders are effectively fitted during repair. With a great degree of outside noise blocked, your home will be far more peaceful and comfortable.
- Sash window energy efficiency: A sash window specialist will ensure that your home is insulated to protect you from excessive energy loss. This will generate greater cost savings by reducing your gas bill. When performing sash window repair, your specialist will make effective use of cold air draught insulation and check that double-glazed windows are properly fitted to ensure your home is warm and comfortable.
How to find a windows & frames carpenter-joiner near you?
To find a windows & frames carpenter-joiner service near you, follow our simple three-step process:
- Post your job: Enter the trade and postcode suitable for your project then describe your job.
- Get quotes: We’ll send your job details to windows & frames carpenter-joiner specialists in your area and match you with the professional tradesmen qualified and skilled to complete your work. We’ll notify you via text or email when tradesmen express interest in your job.
- Select your tradesman: Compare rates, proximity, review profiles and experience of the tradesmen interested in working with you. You can use HaMuch to safely message, ask questions or just phone them — you’re in complete control!
Our search tools are designed to help you find a tradesman that best suits your needs, budget and location.
Are you looking for a windows & frames carpenter-joiner? Find the perfect tradesmen for you on HaMuch. Our directory lists vetted, trusted carpenter-joiners near you.
From sash windows, fitted wardrobes or a fully fitted kitchen, let JSC Development Central (Ltd) build to your bespoke requirements from initial brief to completed project and all at a prices to suit every budget. If you are looking for a local carpenter and joiner contact us now and find out how you can get the best local service in at a price that suits your budget. We offer a wide range of joinery and carpentry packages from garage conversions to suspended ceilings and more. We always take ...
MSM MAINTENANCE LTD has over 15 years expieriance working within domestic and construction industries Specalising all aspects of joinery and carpentry plumbing roofing internal design bathroom/ kitchen / landscape design / summerhouses / velux widows / sliding door manufacturing / sash and case windows We cover central Scotland Edinburgh Glasgow Falkirk In 2014 we we created MSM Maintenace to accomplish any domestic repaires and refurbishments and in the next 5 years we wish to expand t...
Carpenters with 20 years experience in Building , completed to a high standard and offer the best quality for competitive prices MY SERVICE LOFT CONVERSION , LOFT DORMER , SKYLIGHT WINDOWS WOOD FLOORING( HARD/SOFT) , LAMINATE, DECKING , PLYWOOD FITTING: KITCHENS, WORKTOP, STAIRCASE, SHELVES, CABINETS, WARDROBE DOORS/ WINDOWS (HANG,ADJUST,REPAIR), SKIRTING,ARCHITRAVES,DOOR STOP OFFER SERVICE : PAINTING TILING Qualifications & Accreditations NATIONAL VACATIONAL QUALIFICATI...
Our carpenters are experienced highly qualified craftsmen right at the top of their trade. By using the best tradesmen in the industry. We have carried out carpentry and joinery works including renovating residential properties, commercial offices, retail shops and the communal areas of buildings. Working alongside architects and interior designers, our team are able to programme, oversee and deliver each project to a high standard. Work we do for example : Bathrooms Boarding up & securin...
PI Building specialise in balustrade installation, staircase and balconies installation, glazing and metal works. We also undertake renovation projects, decking replacement, materials supply and uPVC windows replacement. We are proud members of Federation of Master Builders and BBA approved.
We have 40 years experience in the construction industry . Gas safe . Full engineering . Construction qualifications . Heating ventilation . Plumbing. Loft rooms . Extensions any general building to include all services. Full FMB Members .Loft Conversions / Dorma roofs / Velux windows .Extensions / Family rooms / Home office buildings / House Builds / Landscaping hard and soft .Kitchens / Bathrooms / Bedrooms / en-suites /Porch toilet extensions .Paving / patio / Driveways / Fen...
10+ years experienced builder with carpentry background ready to tackle most Building & construction related works. Quality is what I deliver.
I mostly cover within 10 miles radius of London . Other areas covered depending on the jobs.
We are reliable and try to deliver within the time frame promised. Work area health and safety is always a major concern to us. We are always considerate of neighbours around our work.
Hi Im a fully qualified carpenter of 20+ years experience. I cover all aspects of carpentry from wardrobes, kitchens and floors to timber frame, roofs and loft conversions. Happy to give a free quote. you can check out my instagram for photos of my work.
Friendly carpentry service 23 years experience renovating service windows,kitchen fitting,bathrooms,build in wardrobes,alcove units ,flooring credential,feedback,gallery photos on https://www.checkatrade.com/JFBuildersLondon/ Call Jack for free estimate 07859250503
I have 40 years plus experience in construction. I trained as a cabinet maker. Therefore I am spot on with details. I am passionate about delivering customer demand. I can turn my hands to most things. Should I need to . My work is neat from beggining to end. I am city and Guilds certified. My customer service and reputation is second to none. Go to checkatrade.com reavd my reviews. I cover a 25mile radius. Customers cannot go wrong choosing creative carpenters. We deli...
JM Builders deliver the finest Work Here at JM Joinery and Building Specialists we pride ourselves in our work ethics, the quality of work we offer, the attention to detail and also the highest level of customer service that we give to every individual customer. We do not leave a project until our customer is 110% satisfied with the work we have carried out. Builders delivering the goods! JM Joinery and Building Specialists work with domestic and home care clients also offering our full ...
Any queries about any joinery ,woodwork , tiling or general building jobs around the house? If you are looking for someone to design and build high quality furniture for you then you have come to the right place!We produce handmade, individually commissioned work. We have no standard sizes, no standard materials and no standard designs - just furniture that meets your precise requirements without comprise. We are professional and friendly small family business. Projects such as bespoke ki...
Armour Home Improvements are a family run business based in Prestwick, Ayrshire, Scotland. We have been established as a reliable and dedicated Ayrshire double glazing company for over 20 years, so we are confident in the quality of the products we supply and the services we provide. When doing any upgrades, it is important to select products that will enhance the look and security of your home. Whether you want new double glazing windows, new composite doors or to convert an existing room, ...
DAZ-build We have specialised in the carpentry/joinery and refurbishment fields. We are pleased to work to your specifications utilising our own extensive experience in design and planning. Skills 1. Construction 2. Restoration & Refurbishment 3. Carpentry 4. Joinery & Cabinet Making 5. Design & Planning 6. Conversions - General 7. Kitchen Fitting 8. Bathroom Fitting 9. Painting & Decorating 10. Tiling 11. Hard Flooring 12. Handyman About us DAZ-build * We are a reliable and ...
Kitchens(bespoke and fitting)Cupboards Wardrobes(made to size)DoorsWindowsShelvesTables / Desks FramesProjects to order- special
ISLINGTON. CAMDEN, HAMPSTED, MUSWELL HILL LONDON, WOLTHAMSTOW, HARRINGEY N15-N22, N1-N5, NW1-NW6, E1-E9
Welcome to RDK-London Carpentry We have been established for the last 13 years in London and have over 25 years of experience. Our work is characterised by: reliability, punctuality and high quality.
Need a handyman for the job? Don’t worry, at Kd Carpentry LTD we don’t just offer any carpenter; we are the best of the best. Located in London, our company establishes the highest quality services, from kitchen fittings, joinery services, furniture repair and furniture reassembly, to wood wall panelling and windows and doors. Contact us on the form below and please consult our out our reviews to see what our customers are expressing.
Olvais on time
Professional woodworker with over 20 yrs of experience in carpentry & joinery. Covering internal & external work from doors to fence work & anything inbetween. Free quotations. Family run business covering Norfolk & Suffolk offering a reliable professional service to both corporate and private customers. Available to work with you to create bespoke designs to meet your individual requirents, as well as offering fitting and installation of pre made items. Services covered incl...
Our maidenhead based Carpentry, Joinery & Building company can offer a complete single room or property solution to you. Working with hand picked local trades to cover every element of your project. We are dedicated to completing your project (large or small) in a clean and safe manor, with quality results, on time, and within your budget. Contact us on 07545079019 or email; email@example.com Facebook.. http://www.facebook.com/jmdcarpentryjoinerybuilding If you are looking to inst...
Kyri Solomon Interior Design offers the complete home improvement solution... From an initial FREE design and plan consultation, supply of all furniture, worktops, appliances and accessories through to a survey and complete installation and decorating service. Why pay more for "flat-packed" or "standard-size" kitchen and bedroom furniture when you can have a completely bespoke and made-to-measure product for less. We offer possibly the largest selection of door styles, types and colours than...
Burrich, the ‘Property Package People’ are reinventing property maintenance. They feel the existing model for the construction sector is broken with customers struggling to have trust in tradespeople. What’s different with Burrich is they offer property maintenance on a subscription-based service, either monthly or yearly from £20 per month, with unlimited call outs, and as a thank you from Burrich they will pay for a portion of your materials each year, as well as a free property health ...
We are a friendly reliable service in the Cardiff and surrounding areas. Our plumbers, carpenters and tradesmen are fully qualified, Trust Mark accredited and Gas safe registered (Corgi Registered). We are experts in our field and have gathered years of experience. Our rates are competitive and we offer high quality workmanship and dedication to each job we take on.
We are a fair local professional company that thrive on good work we have a loyalty scheme through our app on I store or amazon we provide email text and letter reminders for all our gas certificates try out our beautiful bathrooms you wont be upset
Jobs for Windows & frames
Frame of a stained glass window needs replacing
Carpenter & Joiner: Average Hourly and Daily Rates in the UK
|Location in UK||Hourly Rate||Daily Rate|
|Carpenter & Joiner near West Lancashire||£26||£171|
|Carpenter & Joiner near Salisbury||£27||£197|
|Carpenter & Joiner near Chester||£24||£176|
|Carpenter & Joiner near Tameside||£30||£197|
|Carpenter & Joiner near Bristol||£24||£197|
|Carpenter & Joiner near North Wiltshire||£26||£201|
|Carpenter & Joiner near Wirral||£25||£172|
|Carpenter & Joiner near Canterbury||£25||£184|
|Carpenter & Joiner near Colchester||£28||£210|
|Carpenter & Joiner near Kingston-upon-Hull||£21||£167|