Local painter and decorator who can quickly and easily modernise your living room with a fresh new coat of paint or add timeless character to a room with a striped feature wall
No job too small, using a stencil or dragging technique to paint a feature wall. Or too big, giving the inside of a home a complete facelift with fresh paint on all the walls, doors, skirting boards and ceilings.
Domestic interior painter and decorator services include;
Preparation for painting in a room
- remove any furniture to avoid the furniture being covered in paint
- fixtures to be covered where possible with sheets and use masking tape for edges
- check walls for cracks and holes that need filling in and then sand down
- start with a primer coat if needed before moving on to your choice of paint colour that suits the various rooms – remember light and cheery for a lounge and calming colours for a bedroom
- walls, using an emulsion water-based paint in either a matt or sheen finish
- a brush is used to cut the corners and then a roller will be used for the rest of the walls in the room, unless the decorator will be doing special painting technique finishes for you e.g.; a marble effect in your bathroom
Special painting techniques to discuss what will suit each room
- Strié, a French expression for streaking
- taped, using painters’ tape to create patterns
- colour wash, is a textured affect created by layering of two different colours
- sponging, with either an old sponge or a sponge roller
- rag rolling, adding a depth and giving a soft textured effect
- ombre style is a colour melting or fading into another for a watercolour dreamy affect
- metallic blocks perfect for a feature wall
- marble affect a much less expensive way to create the same look than installing real marble
- wall stencilling to achieve a look of wallpaper that’s rather painted onto the wall
- striping, harlequin, checkboard, polka dots all timeless classics that also can give a wallpapered feel
So, if you need a painter and decorator to paint or repair different rooms in your home HaMuch has thousands of friendly, Painting and Decorating Association (PDA) registered professionals ready to help with your mould free bathroom paint, fresh bright hallway, adding a feature wall in your living room and creating a tranquil bedroom setting.
Do I need to get my rooms painted by a local painter & decorator?
Doing a few touch-ups here and there is more suited to D.I.Y. work than re-painting an entire room, including ceilings or even the entire inside of the house including tricky woodwork. Using a professional painter & decorating company, will see the team arrive with all the necessary equipment to carry out the work in the least disruptive manner, with sheets to protect all of your furnishings. They will be able to complete the task at hand, in a quicker time than if you try to do it yourself, as well as with the least mess.
Saving money on tradespeople is not always worth the intense stress created by trying to do it yourself when you do not have the same skill set and experience as hiring the professional.
What do painter & decorators painting rooms near me do?
A painter & decorator will not only splash on a new coat of paint but will advise you of which colours best suit the room, what sheen to go with, how to best furnish the room to compliment the paint
Painters and decorators painting a room will:
- Recommend: colours to enhance the space and create the mood you are after, e.g. a relaxing feel in a bedroom or a vibey dramatic lounge. They also discuss paint options from satin, matt or gloss which looks best in a hallway, and discuss painting techniques, perhaps a feature wall for a bit of drama in the dining room.
- Painting preparation: from filling in cracks, re-plastering sanding down for smooth surface to begin the painting. Removing any furnishings from the room, taping edges with masking tape, and moving furniture to the middle of the room to work around it, with dust sheets over protecting the furniture.
- Painting: adding a primer base layer if needed, before moving on to the painting which may involve paint brushes for the cutting in and rollers for the wider sections.
How to find a rooms painter-decorator near you?
To find a rooms painter-decorator service near you, follow our simple three-step process:
- Post your job: Enter the trade and postcode suitable for your project then describe your job.
- Get quotes: We’ll send your job details to rooms painter-decorator specialists in your area and match you with the professional tradesmen qualified and skilled to complete your work. We’ll notify you via text or email when tradesmen express interest in your job.
- Select your tradesman: Compare rates, proximity, review profiles and experience of the tradesmen interested in working with you. You can use HaMuch to safely message, ask questions or just phone them — you’re in complete control!
Our search tools are designed to help you find a tradesman that best suits your needs, budget and location.
Are you looking for a rooms painter-decorator? Find the perfect tradesmen for you on HaMuch. Our directory lists vetted, trusted painter-decorators near you.
JPM Bathrooms & Wet Rooms are a local reliable company based in Eastbourne with over 16 years of experience offering competitive prices with all work guaranteed. I completed a full apprenticeship with a local company in Eastbourne and qualified in engineering services plumbing NVQ level 2 and 3. We specialise in design, supply and fitting bathrooms and wet rooms. We also cover all your plumbing needs. Please Call JPM Bathrooms & Wet Rooms for a free estimate today! Services we provi...
Interior Motive has a wide range of trades with in the company so we can cover all of your building needs and this results in quick and smooth turn around with your project. We pride ourself on being competitive and professional. We give full guarantees and are fully Insured. Projects we cover: Ground work Structural beams Renovation Restoration Loft conversions extensions Bathrooms Kitchens New builds Container conversions Please do...
Kyri Solomon Interior Design offers the complete home improvement solution... From an initial FREE design and plan consultation, supply of all furniture, worktops, appliances and accessories through to a survey and complete installation and decorating service. Why pay more for "flat-packed" or "standard-size" kitchen and bedroom furniture when you can have a completely bespoke and made-to-measure product for less. We offer possibly the largest selection of door styles, types and colours than...
I have been in the construction / refurbishment business for over 23 years, and have project managed many various jobs. But am also an active tradesman, I fit all Kitchens and Bathrooms personally and ensure all finishing are to a high standard. I have been a Primary contractor for insurance work companies that require the highest of standards. I am currently the principle Snag contractor at (Wilber homes site in Milton Common - Oxfordshire. These houses can be found online.
At crest construction we work extremely hard to ensure that our clients receive a quality of service that continues to build our reputation. Clients who work with us for one project return to crest construction for all their future construction needs. They value the relationship we build with them and appreciate our commitment to work and recommend us to their friends and family.
Painter & Decorator with over 30 years experience. I offer professional internal & external painting All jobs are completed to a high professional finish for very affordable prices All quotes are matched & beaten. No job too small. I Offer: -Painting- Interal and External -Stripping -Wall Papering -Patio/Decking Re Varnish -All External painting -General Maintenance For anything else please dont hesitate to call!
All kinds of painting and wallpapeing
Jobs for Rooms
Living room and hall, sanding walls and painting
Painter & Decorator: Average Hourly and Daily Rates in the UK
|Location in UK||Hourly Rate||Daily Rate|
|Painter & Decorator near Southampton||£29||£175|
|Painter & Decorator near Reigate & Banstead||£30||£193|
|Painter & Decorator near North Lincolnshire||£18||£156|
|Painter & Decorator near Amber Valley||£20||£163|
|Painter & Decorator near Eastleigh||£30||£178|
|Painter & Decorator near Tendring||£21||£164|
|Painter & Decorator near North Ayrshire||£20||£174|
|Painter & Decorator near Basildon||£27||£185|
|Painter & Decorator near Windsor & Maidenhead||£34||£192|
|Painter & Decorator near North Lanarkshire||£18||£151|