See local Rooms Painter & Decorators rates and get quotes
Local painter and decorator who can quickly and easily modernise your living room with a fresh new coat of paint or add timeless character to a room with a striped feature wall
No job too small, using a stencil or dragging technique to paint a feature wall. Or too big, giving the inside of a home a complete facelift with fresh paint on all the walls, doors, skirting boards and ceilings.
Domestic interior painter and decorator services include;
Preparation for painting in a room
- remove any furniture to avoid the furniture being covered in paint
- fixtures to be covered where possible with sheets and use masking tape for edges
- check walls for cracks and holes that need filling in and then sand down
- start with a primer coat if needed before moving on to your choice of paint colour that suits the various rooms – remember light and cheery for a lounge and calming colours for a bedroom
- walls, using an emulsion water-based paint in either a matt or sheen finish
- a brush is used to cut the corners and then a roller will be used for the rest of the walls in the room, unless the decorator will be doing special painting technique finishes for you e.g.; a marble effect in your bathroom
Special painting techniques to discuss what will suit each room
- Strié, a French expression for streaking
- taped, using painters’ tape to create patterns
- colour wash, is a textured affect created by layering of two different colours
- sponging, with either an old sponge or a sponge roller
- rag rolling, adding a depth and giving a soft textured effect
- ombre style is a colour melting or fading into another for a watercolour dreamy affect
- metallic blocks perfect for a feature wall
- marble affect a much less expensive way to create the same look than installing real marble
- wall stencilling to achieve a look of wallpaper that’s rather painted onto the wall
- striping, harlequin, checkboard, polka dots all timeless classics that also can give a wallpapered feel
So, if you need a painter and decorator to paint or repair different rooms in your home HaMuch has thousands of friendly, Painting and Decorating Association (PDA) registered professionals ready to help with your mould free bathroom paint, fresh bright hallway, adding a feature wall in your living room and creating a tranquil bedroom setting.
Do I need to get my rooms painted by a local painter & decorator?
Doing a few touch-ups here and there is more suited to D.I.Y. work than re-painting an entire room, including ceilings or even the entire inside of the house including tricky woodwork. Using a professional painter & decorating company, will see the team arrive with all the necessary equipment to carry out the work in the least disruptive manner, with sheets to protect all of your furnishings. They will be able to complete the task at hand, in a quicker time than if you try to do it yourself, as well as with the least mess.
Saving money on tradespeople is not always worth the intense stress created by trying to do it yourself when you do not have the same skill set and experience as hiring the professional.
What do painter & decorators painting rooms near me do?
A painter & decorator will not only splash on a new coat of paint but will advise you of which colours best suit the room, what sheen to go with, how to best furnish the room to compliment the paint
Painters and decorators painting a room will:
- Recommend: colours to enhance the space and create the mood you are after, e.g. a relaxing feel in a bedroom or a vibey dramatic lounge. They also discuss paint options from satin, matt or gloss which looks best in a hallway, and discuss painting techniques, perhaps a feature wall for a bit of drama in the dining room.
- Painting preparation: from filling in cracks, re-plastering sanding down for smooth surface to begin the painting. Removing any furnishings from the room, taping edges with masking tape, and moving furniture to the middle of the room to work around it, with dust sheets over protecting the furniture.
- Painting: adding a primer base layer if needed, before moving on to the painting which may involve paint brushes for the cutting in and rollers for the wider sections.
How to find a rooms painter-decorator near you?
To find a rooms painter-decorator service near you, follow our simple three-step process:
- Post your job: Enter the trade and postcode suitable for your project then describe your job.
- Get quotes: We’ll send your job details to rooms painter-decorator specialists in your area and match you with the professional tradesmen qualified and skilled to complete your work. We’ll notify you via text or email when tradesmen express interest in your job.
- Select your tradesman: Compare rates, proximity, review profiles and experience of the tradesmen interested in working with you. You can use HaMuch to safely message, ask questions or just phone them — you’re in complete control!
Our search tools are designed to help you find a tradesman that best suits your needs, budget and location.
Are you looking for a rooms painter-decorator? Find the perfect tradesmen for you on HaMuch. Our directory lists vetted, trusted painter-decorators near you.
JPM Bathrooms & Wet Rooms are a local reliable company based in Eastbourne with over 16 years of experience offering competitive prices with all work guaranteed. I completed a full apprenticeship with a local company in Eastbourne and qualified in engineering services plumbing NVQ level 2 and 3. We specialise in design, supply and fitting bathrooms and wet rooms. We also cover all your plumbing needs. Please Call JPM Bathrooms & Wet Rooms for a free estimate today! Services we provi...
Interior Motive has a wide range of trades with in the company so we can cover all of your building needs and this results in quick and smooth turn around with your project. We pride ourself on being competitive and professional. We give full guarantees and are fully Insured. Projects we cover: Ground work Structural beams Renovation Restoration Loft conversions extensions Bathrooms Kitchens New builds Container conversions Please do...
Alex Interiors Ltd it is a family run business serving London and surrounding areas with first class building services and competitive prices.
Kyri Solomon Interior Design offers the complete home improvement solution... From an initial FREE design and plan consultation, supply of all furniture, worktops, appliances and accessories through to a survey and complete installation and decorating service. Why pay more for "flat-packed" or "standard-size" kitchen and bedroom furniture when you can have a completely bespoke and made-to-measure product for less. We offer possibly the largest selection of door styles, types and colours than...
I have been in the construction / refurbishment business for over 23 years, and have project managed many various jobs. But am also an active tradesman, I fit all Kitchens and Bathrooms personally and ensure all finishing are to a high standard. I have been a Primary contractor for insurance work companies that require the highest of standards. I am currently the principle Snag contractor at (Wilber homes site in Milton Common - Oxfordshire. These houses can be found online.
At crest construction we work extremely hard to ensure that our clients receive a quality of service that continues to build our reputation. Clients who work with us for one project return to crest construction for all their future construction needs. They value the relationship we build with them and appreciate our commitment to work and recommend us to their friends and family.
I am a lady decorator with 20+yrs experience. Nothing is to much trouble and will have a go at doing anything to help the customer out.
We have 30 years experience in most aspects of building work. we do not advertise as we work from recommendation and have a very good relationship with our past and present clients
Painter & Decorator with over 30 years experience. I offer professional internal & external painting All jobs are completed to a high professional finish for very affordable prices All quotes are matched & beaten. No job too small. I Offer: -Painting- Interal and External -Stripping -Wall Papering -Patio/Decking Re Varnish -All External painting -General Maintenance For anything else please dont hesitate to call!
Builder of reputation.
Hard working and very reliable. Reasonable prices.
All kinds of painting and wallpapeing
Jobs for Rooms
Painter-decorator near WC2H 9SE
Bedroom and kitchen painted
Painter-decorator near HU5 5LE
Replacement kitchen unit and surrounding worktop required plus possible flooring,following recently repaired kitchen tap causing consequential damage, as outlined.Insurance claim involved.
Painter-decorator near Colchester
Painting of lounge/dining area
Painter-decorator near Colchester
I need my lounge/dining area painted
Painter-decorator near M36DE
Paint floor black/dark wood effect, rip up carpet in the bedroom and replace with dark vinyl flooring
Painter-decorator near EH12 6DZ
Strip wood chip from ceiling and re paper with lining paper. Paint walls and woodwork including bay window surround only. Room is 4 X 4. I would like this done in week beginning 10th June.
Painter-decorator near SR3 3HF
2 bedrooms, lounge, stairs and landing kitchen to paint walls may be just a couple of ceilings and the architrave. No doors to be painted as wood
Painter-decorator near LU5 4EL
Celing, walls and skirting boards
Painter-decorator near EH35JX
Kitchen Walls - Prep and paint walls in newly fitted kitchen. 4m x 2.4m space, approx 1/3rd room to paint. Includes painting a radiator and covering old screw holes. Painting ceiling not required.
Painter-decorator near MK41 7FW
I need my stairway and landing painted in white
Painter-decorator near SW4 8BH
One wall in the living room to be painted from blue to olive green please.
Painter-decorator near BN3 1WG
• Corridor- Re- paint ceiling (anti-mould) gloss work and wallpapering the walls • 2nd bedroom- repaint walls and wallpaper one wall • Main bedroom- wallpaper one wall • Repaint ensuite ceiling (anti mould) • Main bathroom repaint ceiling (anti-mould) • Living room – repaint all walls and wallpaper one wall • Gloss work including doors
Painter-decorator near L18 2ED
Fix the painting job that you didn't finsih
Painter-decorator near BN2 6WN
Hi I hope you're well. We are looking for some help with painting our living room and upstairs hallway. Please may you contact us if you have any availability (07468535480). The living has already been mostly painted however we need some professional help as it hasn't been done very well and needs some touching up in the next 2/2.5 weeks
Painter-decorator near BH24 2EQ
Paint 2 large bedrooms, stairs & large landing, including 7 internal doors and Bathroom ceiling
Painter-decorator near Glasgow
Paint 2 walls having standard ceiling height. Walls in separate bedrooms. Width of first wall is 2.79m and the second one is 2.95m
Painter-decorator near BT131QU
Paint a,3 bedroom house
Painter-decorator near BN8 5LD
6 new houses 79sqm to 220 sqm
Painter-decorator near Bn8 5ld
6 new houses 2 storey 5 garages 2 x 79 sqm 2 x 118 sqm 1 x 153 sqm 1 x 229 sqm 3 ready now
Painter-decorator near EH42QU
Paint bedroom after it is plastered paint woodwork take off paper in hall ceiling
Painter-decorator near N1 6LP
Hiya, I’m urgently looking for a painter to fill in some cracks in my walls and also paint part of the two bedroom apartment. The job will take maximum one day. Thanks
Painter-decorator near N16lp
Hiya, I need someone to fill some cracks in the walls and paint part of my 2 bed flat. All work will take max one day
Painter-decorator near NE302HF
Hallway - walls prepped and painted with woodwork panelling to also prep and paint
Painter-decorator near EH11 1GU
Kid marked 2 walls in a rented property, need to paint over it to cover the marks. Don't know the exact colour code of the wall
Painter-decorator near TW20 9JJ
We just bought a new house (built in 2018) and are looking to touch up the painting throughout the house and fill some dents in the wall
Painter-decorator near Hd2 2tj
All painting to rooms
Painter-decorator near IP1
Painting upto 8 rooms and hallway Within the next 2-3 weeks
Painter-decorator near SR5 2QX
Contractors made such a mess and left plaster everywhere. Small flat needs lounge, bedroom, bathroom and hall painting. Ceilings are fine
Painter-decorator near DY13
Two bedrooms to be painted and wallpapered
Painter-decorator near Ha2 7aa
Painting one bedroom flat
Services for Painter & Decorator
Painter & Decorator: Average Hourly and Daily Rates around
|Location in UK||Hourly Rate||Daily Rate|
|Painter & Decorator near Bridgend||£23||£178|
|Painter & Decorator near Chester||£20||£145|
|Painter & Decorator near Plymouth||£22||£181|
|Painter & Decorator near Epping Forest||£33||£202|
|Painter & Decorator near Redcar & Cleveland||£29||£149|
|Painter & Decorator near Warrington||£23||£163|
|Painter & Decorator near Preston||£21||£149|
|Painter & Decorator near Walsall||£21||£160|
|Painter & Decorator near Bolton||£23||£160|
|Painter & Decorator near Broadland||£18||£149|
Find hourly & daily prices for Painter & Decorators in the UK