Why do you need a tree surgeon?
Trees that are well-looked after, whether in your front garden or back, are a beautiful addition to your property.
Maintaining and looking after trees can seem like an easy task — after all, it’s a plant. However, the needs of smaller plants don’t scale up to those of a tree. An improper cut will not only visibly injure a tree — leaving marks that will never fade during its lifetime — but it can also weaken it and lead to further damage. Such trees will require further care at a high maintenance cost or, in the worst case, will no longer be able to survive.
Storms and other severe weather conditions can cause branches — or even entire trees — to weaken and break. This can be particularly dangerous, as weak trees can fall on houses, hedges and cars. Trees are heavy, and knocking them down or pruning them can be a hazardous task. However, with the help of a tree surgeon, the work can be carried out carefully and safely, reducing risks to your property and your person.
If you are concerned about the health and safety of your trees, or you want to determine the correct pruning procedure to maintain or improve the health and appearance of your trees, a tree surgeon can help. You may be worried about how much a tree surgeon costs, but this is a job best left to the professionals. You can use HaMuch to find a cheap but reliable tree surgeon, who will carry out the work you need done at a reasonable hourly rate.
What does a tree surgeon do?
Tree surgeons are trained professionals with the right equipment and know-how to properly care for trees. The decision to hire a tree surgeon should not be taken lightly. Only a qualified tree surgeon can provide services that help you maintain your valuable investment.
- Elimination of tree branches: A tree surgeon can prune, trim or remove branches for both aesthetic and functional reasons. These include branches that are either diseased or infested by insects, branches that rub against each other, branches that cause an obstruction, or branches that interfere with utility cables, building facades, gutters, roofs, obstruct streets or pavements.
- Improvement of the structure of the tree: A tree surgeon can improve the tree structure to reduce wind resistance and brace it against storm damage. This job also includes the clearing or cutting of unnecessary branches and improving the shape or silhouette of the tree.
- Demolition of trees: A tree surgeon can help decide whether a tree should be knocked down. Demolition is often considered as the last option, but a tree surgeon has the skills and equipment to knock trees down trees safely and efficiently.
- Planting of trees: Some tree surgeons plant trees, and will recommend the most appropriate tree for your garden. Planting the wrong type of tree, or planting a tree in the wrong location, may cause significant problems in future, such as growth issues or disease.
How to find a tree surgeon near you?
To find a local tree surgeon near you, follow our simple three-step process:
- Post your job: Find your location, either by typing in your postcode or town, or selecting where you are from our extensive list of regions, counties and cities in the UK. We ask you to select your maximum budget, so that you never pay more than what you can afford. Post the details of your job and we’ll match you with recommended tree surgeons in your area who are qualified and experienced to do the work.
- Get tree surgeon quotes: We’ll send your job listing to specialist gardeners in your area. We’ll notify you via text when three tradesmen have expressed interest in your job. Compare tree surgeon rates to figure out which prospective tradesman is right for you.
- Select your tradesman: Review the profiles and experience of the tradesmen interested in working with you. You can use HaMuch to read customer reviews from people just like you, compare rates and see how close they are to you. You can even communicate with tradesmen to discuss the work before making your decision — you’re in complete control!
Our search tools are designed to help you find a tradesman that best suits your needs, budget and location.
Are you looking for a gardener near you? HaMuch lists experts for every trade imaginable, from tree surgeons to pond construction specialists. Compare prices and customer ratings to find the perfect tradesman for your job.