Why do you need a landscape gardening specialist?
Landscaping your garden or outdoor area will almost always add value to your property and improve its appearance. Just like with your house, renovating your garden is a long-term investment. However, not everyone has the right skills — not to mention the time — to landscape their garden on their own, as this task requires specific knowledge and experience, which only trained professionals possess.
Whether you want to design a new garden, redesign and restructure your existing garden, erect a building or structure, or simply irrigate the soil and plant seeds to eliminate weeds and maintain your garden, a local landscape gardener can help.
What makes landscape gardeners unique is that they are the only gardening professionals capable of combining knowledge of both design and plants. Hiring a professional who can effectively combine all the necessary expertise for the proper development of your garden — in terms of both the design and construction — means that you don’t have to engage subcontractors to perform additional work, which saves you valuable time and money, not to mention admin.
What do landscape garden designers do?
How do you know if a landscape gardener is the right professional for you? Will they be able to correctly irrigate and prepare your soil? Are their design and building skills good enough to match your expectations in terms of the final product? The answer to these questions is a resounding “yes”, but only if you engage the services of an experienced and reliable landscape gardener. Unlike a normal gardener, landscape artists dedicate a large amount of time to not only selecting and planting the right flowers, but also designing the layout of your outside space. Their responsibilities can include:
- Planting: Landscape gardeners are familiar with many plants, including trees, shrubs, perennials and a wide variety of flowers. They are also familiar with laying turf or rose beds, and possess extensive knowledge of plant science. This means they know precisely what plants need and where they will grow best — for example, some need extra shade, while others require regular watering or pruning.
- Paved areas: Landscape gardeners can design and construct courtyard entrances, and paths and terraces. This is among the most complex garden work required by homeowners. These professionals will also regularly carry out masonry and paving work.
- Outdoor facilities: Landscape gardeners build and maintain outdoor facilities of all kinds. They can design private gardens, public parks, urban green spaces, traffic islands and pedestrian zones. Their skills are even in demand at play, sport and leisure facilities. For example, when it comes to implementing a playground according to a specific blueprint, they will enquire whether all playground equipment is properly installed and whether toxic plants grow in the area. This allows you to benefit from their extensive plant knowledge and their craft skills.
How to find a landscape and garden designer near you?
To find a landscape gardener near you, follow our simple three-step process:
- Post your job: Find your location, either by typing in your postcode or town, or selecting where you are from our extensive list of regions, counties and cities in the UK. We ask you to select your maximum budget, so that you never pay more than what you can afford. Post the details of your job and we’ll match you with recommended landscape gardeners in your area who are qualified and experienced to do the work.
- Get quotes: We’ll send your job listing to gardeners in your area. We’ll notify you via text when three tradesmen have expressed interest in your job. Compare landscape gardening rates and prices to help choose the specialist who is right for you.
- Select your tradesman: Review the profiles and experience of the tradesmen interested in working with you. You can use HaMuch to read local landscape gardener reviews from people just like you, compare rates and see how close they are to you. You can even communicate with tradesmen to discuss the work before making your decision — you’re in complete control!
Our search tools are designed to help you find a tradesman that best suits your needs, budget and location.
Are you looking for a landscape gardener near you? Get started and find a trusted, rated tradesmen today using HaMuch. Our directory lists qualified specialists capable of performing the job you need, from weeding to pond maintenance.