Local bricklayer and pointing specialist who can quickly and easily build a retaining wall or match the colour of existing mortar and repoint brick or stonework.
No job too small, repairing a garden wall or creating a flower bed feature made of brickwork. Or too big, re pointing a chimney or constructing the walls for a house extension.
Domestic bricklayer and pointing specialist services include;
- extensions in brickwork, stonework or blockwood
- new house builds with solid walls and cavity walls
- boundary walls, repairing existing or building new garden walls using stone or brick
- conservatory bases, including damp proofing the base
- repairs to chimneys, fireplaces, brick or stonework
- feature brickwork, curved brickwork, fireplaces and flower beds
- wall flashing, usually where there is an interruption to the wall for a window
- step flashing, where a roof and wall meet to protect wall and roof from rainwater leaks
- cement repointing, most brick and stone is a cement mortar
- lime mortar repointing, often Victorian properties are constructed with lime not cement and it is crucial to not mix as can cause damage to bricks
- brick and stone cleaning, using sand and grit blasting method or water jetting to remove dirt and grime
- cracked wall repair, most common is crack stitching, using steel bars inserted into slots cut in the wall
So, if you need a bricklayer and pointing specialist to service or repair a wall in or outside your home HaMuch has thousands of friendly, The National Federation of Builders (NFB) registered professionals ready to help with your collapsing garden wall, redbrick chimney rebuild or repointing your house wall.
Why do you need to 'hire a bricklayer'?
Do you want to renovate part of your new home? Or are you looking to build a new home from scratch? These types of job require hiring a bricklayer. Bricklayers are the first port of call for those who are looking to renovate their home or construct a new building, as brick is a sturdy, reliable material. While a local bricklayer is often employed to build conversions and extensions, they may also be called upon to build a garden wall, path or patio fence.
Bricklayers can conduct repair and maintenance works. Bricks exposed to rain or dampness are susceptible to damage, and while you may be tempted to try to repair or replace them yourself, this could lead to further damage and end up costing you a considerable amount. Even in the best case scenario, the result will likely be untidy and won’t match the mortar used originally. To prevent you from having to spend more money on getting the job done correctly, it’s advisable to hire a bricklayer from the outset.
What do bricklayers do?
You may be wondering what kind of home repair calls for the expertise of a bricklayer. A bricklayer does more than simply lay bricks; they use their creativity and expertise to transform an idea on paper into a home you can enjoy for many years. They will seal the foundation, spread layers of mortar to form a base, and then lay bricks on it.
Listed below are some of the services a bricklayer can provide:
- Brickwork and Pointing: Bricklayers offer a number of brickwork and pointing (joining mortar together) services, suitable for chimneys, garden walls, extensions, fireplaces, exteriors and more. Without effective pointing, bricks can become waterlogged, causing long-term damage and decay.
- Brickwork Protection: A bricklayer will protect your bricks from harsh cold and wet weather by applying a weather shield sealer, also known as flashing.
- Patios: Patios are traditionally built with slabs or bricks. A bricklayer can measure your space accurately, recommend the best material for your desired look and professionally lay the bricks to ensure a smooth finish.
- Paths: A well-laid path is not only useful for navigating your garden, it also makes the space more enjoyable to look at.
- Brick Replacement: Damaged bricks can pose structural problems and can become a safety issue if left untended. Bricklayers can identify broken or decaying bricks and replace them without displacing the existing pointing. A bricklayer will also be able to find an exact (or closest) match to your current mortar.
How to find a brickwork & pointing builder near you?
To find a brickwork & pointing builder service near you, follow our simple three-step process:
- Post your job: Enter the trade and postcode suitable for your project then describe your job.
- Get quotes: We’ll send your job details to brickwork & pointing builder specialists in your area and match you with the professional tradesmen qualified and skilled to complete your work. We’ll notify you via text or email when tradesmen express interest in your job.
- Select your tradesman: Compare rates, proximity, review profiles and experience of the tradesmen interested in working with you. You can use HaMuch to safely message, ask questions or just phone them — you’re in complete control!
Our search tools are designed to help you find a tradesman that best suits your needs, budget and location.
Are you looking for a brickwork & pointing builder? Find the perfect tradesmen for you on HaMuch. Our directory lists vetted, trusted builders near you.
All building work from small garden walls to big commercial projects . All work is guaranteed to a very high standard with trade people doing all the works from start to finish . Qualifications SVQ LEVEL 3 IN BRICKWORK. HNC CONSTRUCTION MANAGEMENT DEGREE.ADVANCED CRAFT IN BRICK/BLOCK & STONEWORK . OVER 20 YEARS AS QUALIFIED BRICKLAYER MEMBER OF THE F.M.B.
Wall Colour Group Limited is primarily a Painting & Decorating Company . It uses sub-contractors who are self-employed in their own right, and with a combined experience of over 250 years in the decorating trade makes this a must have commodity on your side. All advice is free and you will be given a fixed work quotation not a estimate that will expand as the job progresses. Wall Colour Group... step into our world.
Hertfordshire brickwork is the realisation of quality and great customer service at its very best i myself the director of Hertfordshire brickwork my method is simple obtain repeat business by produce high quality and great customer service and making sure the job finishes within time and budget.
MG masonry is a business run by myself and partner. Together we have 20 years experience and deliver work to a high specification. We cover all aspects of building work. Extensions Roofing Brickwork Blockwork Stone Plastering Ground Work Flagging Concreting Drainage General Maintenance We are self-motivated hard working individuals who thrive on customer satisfaction with no job to big or small. Trustworthy, honest, reliable working flexibly to ensure jobs are complet...
Hi im Chris the owner of ABC. We are a small team but that doesnt mean we only do the small contracts.I have a loyal team of tradesman & I myself am a timeserved bricklayer with 25yrs exp. My company was established in 1999. Customer service & competive prices are extremely important to us as is a friendly approachable attitude. We guarantee we wont dissapoint. Cscs registered. Tie wire replacement & crack repair specialist. 30years insurance backed guarantee ...
Hi, im Wayne croucher I have now been in the building and landscaping industry from a young age. I Got trained by a local builder also going to college learning the trade. We work around are customers and give them ideas for there best end result. no job is to small we aim to send two traders out to a job saving you money get the jobs finished at a quicker rate, leaving a clean finish.
a family construction company. specializing in small and medium projects, maintaining high standards, we are able to make sure that the client is satisfied with the completion of his plan We have great reputation with over 20 years experience and trust from clients with whom we have carried out various projects
We are do the work all UK
we are trying to meet Higih standards
We are a local fully qualified City and guild general contractor, plumber and a Niceic registeted electrical contractor wìth over 40 years experience.
Bedfordshire, Hertfordshire, Buckinghamshire, and London Boroughs.
We provide a prompt reliable service and get things done to a high standard. We get it right first time.
Jobs for Brickwork & pointing
Take down old stone/brick front garden retaining wall and build new brick wall. appox 1-1.5 mtrs high. 5-6 mtrs long
Builder: Average Hourly and Daily Rates in the UK
|Location in UK||Hourly Rate||Daily Rate|
|Builder near Middlesbrough||£40||£206|
|Builder near Caerphilly||£27||£178|
|Builder near Basildon||£34||£220|
|Builder near Trafford||£29||£199|
|Builder near Mid Bedfordshire||£39||£235|
|Builder near East Dunbartonshire||£28||£215|
|Builder near St Albans||£37||£234|
|Builder near Vale Royal||£26||£192|
|Builder near Vale of Glamorgan||£29||£179|
|Builder near Stoke-on-Trent||£24||£193|