Local gas safe engineer who can quickly and easily install smoke alarms throughout a rental property and issue a Gas Safety certificate valid for the twelve-month period.
No job too small, installing a carbon monoxide (CO) alarm near the boiler and a smoke alarm in the kitchen. Or too big, checking and servicing all of the gas appliances, fittings and flues in a rental property to ensure they are safe and efficient for the tenants use.
Domestic gas safe engineer services include;
Annual safety checks
- Gas Safety certificate, ensuring all gas appliances, fittings and flues supplied in the property are safe with no leaks and working efficiently
- boiler service, making sure no leaks and that the boiler is functioning as it should
- smoke alarms can be fitting in every bedroom, on every level of a home including a basement and in the living room but must have one per floor
- fire / heat alarms are better suited in a kitchen or bathroom as the steam will set off a smoke alarm
- carbon monoxide alarms to be fitted in high risk rooms, eg a room with a boiler housed in it and one alarm per floor
So, if you need a gas safe engineer to service or repair something in your home HaMuch has thousands of friendly, Gas Safe registered professionals ready to help install Kidde smoke and carbon monoxide alarms, complete your annual boiler service and issue you with a Gas Safety certificate.
I’m a landlord: Do I need to pay a local engineer to issue an 'EPC certificate' or to fit fire and smoke alarms?
Landlords in the UK have legal obligations when it comes to providing fire and gas safety certificates. An EPC Certificate helps to protect you and your tenants, and is required before you can let out your property. UK legislation also requires you to carry out regular fire risk assessments, and to ensure that properly working fire, smoke and CO detectors are fitted in your property.
If you have yet to attain an EPC or fire safety certificate for landlords and are planning to let out your property, or if you need to have fire, smoke or CO alarms fitted, a local electrician can take care of it. HaMuch makes it easy to find the right tradesman for your job and get your landlord safety certificate sorted.
What do gas safety engineers or fire safety inspectors near you do?
A qualified fire safety inspector or gas safe engineer can:
- Test for fire and gas safety, and maintain or repair your systems: Gas safety engineers provide a maintenance and testing service that guarantees your smoke alarms, boiler and central heating are working to standard.
- Install or remove domestic fire, gas and CO alarms: A fire safety inspector or gas safety engineer can install a new fire or CO alarm. They can also repair or replace your old one.
- Issue an EPC or fire safety certificate: Fire safety inspectors are qualified to inspect gas boilers, CO or fire alarms, and issue EPC and fire safety certificates for landlords.
How to find a gas safety engineer or fire safety inspector near you?
HaMuch makes it super easy for landlords to find local electricians and gas safety engineers to help them get their landlord safety certificate. To find a specialist near you, follow our simple three-step process:
- Post your job: Find your location, either by typing in your postcode or town, or selecting from our extensive list of regions, counties and cities in the UK. We ask you to select your maximum budget, so that you never pay more than what you can afford. Post the details of your job and we’ll match you with tradesmen in your area who are qualified and experienced to do the work.
- Get quotes: We’ll send your job listing to heating engineers in your area. We’ll notify you via text when three tradesmen have expressed interest in your job.
- Select your tradesman: Review the profiles and experience of the tradesmen interested in working with you. You can use HaMuch to read customer reviews from people just like you, compare rates and see how close they are to you. You can even communicate with tradesmen to discuss the work before making your decision — you’re in complete control!
Our search tools are designed to help you find a tradesman that best suits your needs, budget and location.
Looking for fire alarm fitting and testing services? At Hamuch, we have the right tradesman for you. Browse through our extensive list of local landlord electrical safety certificate electricians.