Exterior Painting Specialists Near You
Why Do You Need an Exterior Painting Specialist?
The appearance of the exterior of your home has a significant impact on others’ impressions of your property. Painting your home also can add extraordinary value to it in the event you sell. Most exterior paints are packed with high-quality resins, additives and pigments to protect your home from the elements during the hotter and colder months. Paints like acrylic flat, acrylic eggshell, acrylic satin and acrylic semi-gloss can improve the look of your house and make it stand out in any residential area.
Whether you want to repaint the exterior walls of your property; paint your wooden, metal, steel or iron gates; or completely overhaul the exterior of your property, an exterior painting specialist can help. These professionals have the technical experience to combine paints for a modern finish and can save you significant time and stress compared to completing your painting project yourself.
An exterior painting contractor can ensure your exterior walls are durable and that your brickwork and gates are protected for years to come. They also take precautions against any safety hazards and are comfortable working at height.
What Does an Outdoor Painting Specialist Do?
A painter who specialises in exterior painting will work in a variety of locations, from homes to retail spaces and other commercial buildings. These experts possess unique knowledge, as exterior painting requires a different approach to interior painting. An outdoor painting specialist has a number of responsibilities, including:
- Removal of Old Paint: Exterior surfaces may be made from a variety of materials, including wood, mortar, bricks and metal. This can make paint removal a challenging task, but it’s a crucial job that prepares the surface for an overlay of new paint and ensures a smooth finish. An outdoor painting professional knows how to use specific tools to remove paint and prepare the surface for a fresh coat.
- Choosing the Right Materials: There are more than twenty different tools a professional will use for painting, from step ladders; paint scrapers; steel bristle brushes; steel wool; and bristle brushes to wire brushes; putty knives; glazing compounds; long-handled brushes; scrub brushes; and caulking guns. The tools used will depend on the job at hand. Exterior painters have the technical expertise to select and use the right painting tools for the work.
- Screeding: Screeding is a technique that levels and smooths walls. This is usually done pre-painting and involves applying screed and plastic hardener to patch and repair areas of concrete, and improve toughness and flexibility during painting. Exterior painting specialists are trained and experienced in screeding to achieve a high-quality result.
- Mixing and Applying Paints: Outdoor paints need to be more durable to withstand humidity and moisture. Homeowners also typically desire a colour that is a close match to existing brickwork or concrete. A painter’s key role is mixing paint with the right additives, water and resins to achieve the right balance and provide a durable, yet attractive, finish to your property.
How to Find an Exterior Painting Specialist Near You
To find an exterior painting specialist near you, follow our simple three-step process:
- Post your job: Find your location, either by typing in your postcode or town, or selecting where you are from our extensive list of regions, counties and cities in the UK. We ask you to select your maximum budget, so that you never pay more than what you can afford. Post the details of your job and we’ll match you with tradesmen in your area who are qualified and experienced to do the work.
- Get quotes: We’ll send your job listing to qualified painters and decorators in your area. We’ll notify you via text when three tradesmen have expressed interest in your job.
- Select your tradesman: Review the profiles and experience of the tradesmen interested in working with you. You can use HaMuch to read customer reviews from people just like you, compare rates and see how close they are to you. You can even communicate with tradesmen to discuss the work before making your decision — you’re in complete control!
Our search tools are designed to help you find a tradesman that best suits your needs, budget and location.
Be proud of your property with the help of an external painting specialist. At HaMuch, we list only qualified, vetted tradesmen near you, so that you can be sure you work with a painter and decorator you can trust.