Find a Car Mechanic for Auto Repairs near You
Do You Need a Car Mechanic to Fix Your Car?
When your car breaks down, starts making strange noises or lights you’ve never noticed before start flashing on the dashboard, it’s easy to panic. Luckily a handy car mechanic can make a quick assessment of the issue and recommend the best way to rectify it.
Although it can be tempting to Google what’s wrong with your car or assume you understand the issue from your own prior knowledge, it’s never a good idea to chance a DIY repair on your automobile. HaMuch makes it easy to find super qualified, friendly and reasonably-priced car mechanics in your local area. So next time you run into some car trouble, you’ll know who to call!
What Does a Car Mechanic Do?
An expert car mechanic will inspect your automobile and identify any problems with everything from the suspension to the engine. They will be super knowledgeable and experienced with managing everything under the bonnet of your car, and will be able to source spare parts, fit replacement parts or clean and repair the faulty components affecting how your car drives and runs.
The responsibilities of a car mechanic include:
- General car diagnostic work: Car mechanics use specialist diagnostic devices to identify and fix problems with your car faster.
- Inspection of car faults and errors (MOT): Motor vehicles must be inspected at regular intervals, during an annual MOT. When your car receives an MOT, the mechanic will check if everything is in order with the vehicle and, if not, they will recommend the right fixes or component replacements to the vehicle owner.
- Advising on repair and maintenance: In many assignments, the mechanic explains the work and, if necessary, uses retrofitted components to demonstrate. If the required repair measures go beyond the specifications, you should agree with them first.
- Repairing car faults and damage: The biggest part of a car mechanic’s job is to fix and repair your vehicle at a car repair shop or garage. There’s a long list of things that a car mechanic is adept at doing to fix vehicles, from removing dents to re-finishing paintwork and replacing engine components.
How to Find a Car Mechanic near You
To find a car mechanic near you, follow our simple three-step process:
- Post your job: Find your location, either by typing in your postcode or town, or selecting where you are from our extensive list of regions, counties and cities in the UK. We ask you to select your maximum budget, so that you never pay more than what you can afford. Post the details of your job and we’ll match you with tradesmen in your area who are qualified and experienced to do the work.
- Get quotes: We’ll send your job listing to car mechanics in your area. We’ll notify you via text when three tradesmen have expressed interest in your job.
- Select your tradesman: Review the profiles and experience of the tradesmen interested in working with you. You can use HaMuch to read customer reviews from people just like you, compare rates and see how close they are to you. You can even communicate with tradesmen to discuss the work before making your decision — you’re in complete control!
Our search tools are designed to help you find a tradesman that best suits your needs, budget and location.
When looking for a car mechanic, check out our list of other related tradesmen on HaMuch.com. You can find an extensive list of car bodywork repair and alloy wheels refurbishment and repair experts on our site.
Car Mechanic: Average Hourly and Daily Rates in the UK
Air Conditioning Service & Repair
Alloy Wheels Refurbishment & Repair
Car Bodywork Repair
Car Audio Systems, Alarms & Trackers
Car Valeting & Cleaning
Engine & Gearbox Rebuild
Car breakdown & Mobile Mechanics
Motorcycles & Scooters, Service & MOT
Service & MOT
Car Windscreen Replacement & Repair