Find a Local Heating Engineer near You: For Boiler Servicing and New Boiler Installation
Do I Need to Hire a Heating Engineer?
Did you know that it’s recommended you have your boiler serviced and recertified every few years? If you are letting or selling your property, an up-to-date certificate is vital, to reassure the new occupants that their heating system will work well.
When your boiler breaks, the heating in your radiators is patchy or your hot water just isn’t running warm enough, trust a local heating engineer to fix things up properly.
What Does a Professional Heating Engineer Do?
A professional heating engineer will assess the condition of your boiler and heating system, considering everything from the water-tightness of pipes to how well water is flushing. If there are issues with the water circulation of your boiler, or the engineer spots a leak or issue with the heating value, then they are likely to recommend the repair or replacement of your boiler.
The duties of a professional heating engineer include:
- Gas boiler service, repair and maintenance: A general maintenance service involves conducting a proper gas analysis, and carrying out the necessary repairs to burners, or replacing worn parts. Engineers perform functional testing of the control and safety devices, along with a thorough burner clean that guarantees your heating will be reliable and economical. They will also assist with setting the flow and boiler temperature, and renewal of wearing parts.
- Domestic and corporate central heating installation and removal: A heating engineer can also assist with replacing your domestic or corporate central heating if needed, from lone gas boiler units to full pipework systems.
- Assessments and safety inspections: If you believe that your central heating may not be safe and up to standards, a professional heating engineer is qualified to carry out the required checks and inspections. This includes checking the valves, gas pressure regulators, the low-gas safety device and the low-air safety device.
- Design and planning: Are you redesigning or constructing the internal layout of your building? If so, a heating engineer can also support the installation of brand new boiler systems.
How to Find a Heating Engineer near You
HaMuch makes it super easy to find heating engineers in your local area. To find a specialist near you, follow our simple three-step process:
- Post your job: Find your location, either by typing in your postcode or town, or selecting where you are from our extensive list of regions, counties and cities in the UK. We ask you to select your maximum budget, so that you never pay more than what you can afford. Post the details of your job and we’ll match you with tradesmen in your area who are qualified and experienced to do the work.
- Get quotes: We’ll send your job listing to heating engineers in your area. We’ll notify you via text when three tradesmen have expressed interest in your job.
- Select your tradesman: Review the profiles and experience of the tradesmen interested in working with you. You can use HaMuch to read customer reviews from people just like you, compare rates and see how close they are to you. You can even communicate with tradesmen to discuss the work before making your decision — you’re in complete control!
Our search tools are designed to help you find a tradesman that best suits your needs, budget and location.
Looking for other plumbing or electrical services? HaMuch is the right place to find central heating circulation experts and heating engineers for heat controls and SMART sensors. Have a browse through the available tradesmen on our site and save yourself time & money when hiring.