Find a Local Technician near You for Landlord Electrical Safety Certificates and PAT Testing


Do I Need to Hire a Specialist for My Landlord Safety Certificate and PAT Test?

With any rented residential accommodation in the UK, it is the landlord's responsibility to ensure that all electrical installations and appliances provided by the are safe. This applies from the moment the tenancy first begins, right up until the tenancy ends, so you need to ensure that electrics are kept in good working order.

PAT tests are routine inspections of electrical appliances in a property, using specialist PAT equipment to check for everything from earth continuity and insulation resistance to lead polarity. If your appliances only require a reduced or standard test, you will still need a specialist to carry out a PAT insulation test.

If you are a landlord looking for a specialist PAT testing service, engaging the services of a professional will ensure that testing on all seven categories of appliances will be carried out (visual inspections at the minimum). Once the PAT test is complete, the tested appliances will be marked as “passed” or “failed”.

What Does a Landlord Safety Certificate and PAT Testing Specialist Do?

PAT technicians perform a wide range of appliance tests and assessments, including:


  • Safety inspections: A qualified technician can perform PAT tests efficiently, with minimal disruption to your working environment.



  • Issuing landlord safety certificates: Upon completion of the PAT test, certification will be issued and evidence of testing will be then placed on each appliance.



  • Installation, repair and rewiring of electrical cables & systems: Most PAT specialists are also professional electricians, which means they can undertake the job of rewiring or repairing any electrical faults in your property. This includes mains wiring and sub-power installation and repair.



  • PAT testing advice: A professional PAT testing technician can provide you with accurate, up-to-date, technical information.

Looking for a landlord safety certificate for smoke and fires? Check out our list of vetted heating engineers.

How to Find a PAT Testing Technician near You

HaMuch makes it super easy to find specialists who can administer PAT tests and landlord safety certificates in your local area. To find a specialist near you, follow our simple three-step process:

  1. Post your job: Find your location, either by typing in your postcode or town, or selecting where you are from our extensive list of regions, counties and cities in the UK. We ask you to select your maximum budget, so that you never pay more than what you can afford. Post the details of your job and we’ll match you with tradesmen in your area who are qualified and experienced to do the work.
  2. Get quotes: We’ll send your job listing to electricians in your area. We’ll notify you via text when three tradesmen have expressed interest in your job.
  3. Select your tradesman: Review the profiles and experience of the tradesmen interested in working with you. You can use HaMuch to read customer reviews from people just like you, compare rates and see how close they are to you. You can even communicate with tradesmen to discuss the work before making your decision — you’re in complete control!

Our search tools are designed to help you find a tradesman that best suits your needs, budget and location.

Found the right landlord safety certificate and PAT testing specialist, but still in need of services? check out our list of related tradesmen, including local electricians and electric appliance installation specialists.

Sponsors & Partners

Danfoss Delta Dore Devi Drayton Fernox Franke Grundfos HIP Magazine Pegler Polypipe SPARKS Magazine SureStop Wago