Find Local Floor Fitters near You: Floor Installation and Repairs
Who Needs a Floor Installation Specialist?
Every home will benefit from having beautiful floors. Quality floors are durable, easy to maintain and are available in a number of finishes, which allows you to select a floor that matches your style. However, for floors to stand the test of time, you need to choose the right flooring specialist. There are many instances when you might require the expertise of a floor fitter:
- When you want to change the interior design of your home
- When your old floor is due a renovation — some floors have an expiry date and, as the date approaches, the carpet wears out
- If you’re building a new home
- If your floor is torn and in need of repair
- When you change the use of your room — the purpose of a room often determines the most suitable type of flooring to be used.
In any of the above circumstances, it’s always advisable to seek the advice of a local floor fitter. When you’re completely renovating or building a home, you will need a local flooring contractor, who will handle the entire flooring installation process and ensure your home improvements actually increase your home’s value.
Who Does a Flooring Contractor Do?
The work of a flooring specialist ranges from fitting carpets and tiles to laying timber floor or laminate. These specialist carpenters know the right material to use based on the intended use of your room or the overall aesthetic you want for your home or commercial property.
Although a flooring specialist will primarily install floors, the process is more than what most people would assume, and they might also engage in a number of other tasks, such as repair work, floor removal, and administration. Floor installers can work with a variety of materials, each requiring unique knowledge and expertise. These might include hardwood, tiles, laminate and vinyl. Floor specialists might also work in a range of locations, including homes, offices, hospitals, schools, hotels and retail properties. The responsibilities of a professional flooring specialist include:
- Preparing Work Spaces: Before laying carpet, tiles or any other flooring material, it’s important the work area is prepared to ensure the longevity of your new floor. A specialist will clear the work area, remove old floors and level the bare floor (where required).
- Administrative Duties: While installing a new floor is largely a practical job, as with any work, there are administrative tasks that need to be completed. Without proper completion of these, the project will fall apart. These duties include working with other tradesmen on site (during renovation or building), estimating the cost and amount of materials needed, and working with the main contractor.
- Carpentry Duties: Wood is a common material used in flooring, so most floor fitters are equipped with key carpentry skills, such as cutting and measuring wood, nailing floor covering and using hand tools with precision.
- Finishes: A finish can make a big difference to your floor. Not only will it make your floor more durable, but it’ll also add the final visual touch. A floor fitter will wax or spray your floor for protection and decoration.
- Repair and Maintenance: Your floor installation doesn’t end when your floor’s been fitted. Professional floor fitters will also be on hand to repair and maintain your floor to ensure it lasts for years to come.
How to Use HaMuch to Find a Floor Installation Expert Near You
To find a floor installer near you, follow our simple three-step process:
- Post your job: Find your location, either by typing in your postcode or town, or selecting where you are from our extensive list of regions, counties and cities in the UK. We ask you to select your maximum budget, so that you never pay more than what you can afford. Post the details of your job and we’ll match you with tradesmen in your area who are qualified and experienced to do the work.
- Get quotes: We’ll send your job listing to floor installation specialists in your area. We’ll notify you via text when three tradesmen have expressed interest in your job.
- Select your tradesman: Review the profiles and experience of the tradesmen interested in working with you. You can use HaMuch to read customer reviews from people just like you, compare rates and see how close they are to you. You can even communicate with tradesmen to discuss the work before making your decision — you’re in complete control!
Our search tools are designed to help you find a tradesman that best suits your needs, budget and location.
If you’re looking for floor fitting services for your home or commercial property, use HaMuch to find a quality tradesman near you. Compare prices and customer ratings to find a specialist you can trust.