Sash Windows Specialists near You: For Sash Window Repair and Installation
Why Do You Need a Sash Windows Specialist?
Sash windows are an easy way to add some much-needed character to a property. Combining aesthetics with practicality, they not only give your home a traditional feel, but they are also the best option for protecting your home from intruders. To maintain the beauty and functionality of sash windows, regular upkeep is required. Sash window repair and maintenance is essential to ensure the longevity of your windows.
Are your sash windows prone to condensation, or do they keep getting jammed and no longer slide smoothly? Perhaps you’re experiencing aesthetic issues, such as frayed cords or a cracked and peeling frame. In any of these scenarios, it’s time to find a professional who specialises in sash window repair.
What Does a Sash Windows Specialist Do?
Whether you need new cords, a new frame, replacement glass, noise insulation, or replacement locks and parts, sash window repair requires technical know-how. Fitting or repairing sash windows is an art — there’s much more to it than simply sliding a sheet of glass into a frame. Consideration must also be given to window pane construction, noise insulation and energy conservation. You can expect the following from a sash window repair expert:
- FENSA Certification — Before you decide which specialist to hire for your sash window repair, it’s vital you first make sure that the specialist is certified by FENSA (Fenestration Self-Assessment Scheme). FENSA is a government-approved body and is the industry standard for self-certification of compliance with Building Regulations. Any specialist who installs replacement windows or doors must comply with FENSA’s strict thermal performance standards, with the reduction of energy loss being the driving force behind this requirement.
- Repair and maintenance — Sash window repair and maintenance needs to be ongoing to maximise the lifespan of your sash windows and maintain its charming character. Sash windows with timber frames are susceptible to rot and decay when continually exposed to the elements. A sash window repair specialist will apply the correct treatment during the process. Window panes, cords, pulley wheels, meeting rails, locks, sash weights, window sills and paint work are also common areas of focus of repair work. Regular repair and maintenance ensures the architectural and structural integrity of your sash windows.
- Fitting and Installation — During installation, waterproof flashing is fitted and pilot holes drilled into the frame. Your specialist will ensure the window is well-prepared and level before it is set and screwed into place. If you have older sash windows, you may be wondering whether new double-glazed glass sheets can be fitted into the pre-existing wooden frames. This will depend on a number of factors and can only be determined by a sash window specialist during an assessment of your windows.
- Noise Insulation — Apart from keeping the cold out, double-glazed sash windows also provide protection from noise pollution. Whether it’s barking dogs, noisy neighbours or traffic, it is the responsibility of your sash windows specialist to ensure that you are well-shielded from outside noise. Modern and newer sash windows have built-in protection against noise pollution, but older windows lack efficient insulation. To fix this problem, a professional will ensure that draught excluders are effectively fitted during repair. With a great degree of outside noise blocked, your home will be far more peaceful and comfortable.
- Energy Conservation — A sash windows specialist will ensure that your home is insulated to protect you from excessive energy loss. This will generate greater cost savings by reducing your gas bill. When performing sash window repair, your specialist will make effective use of cold air draught excluders and check that double-glazed windows are properly fitted to ensure your home is warm and comfortable.
How to Find a Sash Windows Specialist near You
To find a window specialist near you, follow our simple three-step process:
- Post your job: Find your location, either by typing in your postcode or town, or selecting where you are from our extensive list of regions, counties and cities in the UK. We ask you to select your maximum budget, so that you never pay more than what you can afford. Post the details of your job and we’ll match you with tradesmen in your area who are qualified and experienced to do the work.
- Get quotes: We’ll send your job listing to sash window specialists in your area. We’ll notify you via text when three tradesmen have expressed interest in your job.
- Select your tradesman: Review the profiles and experience of the tradesmen interested in working with you. You can use HaMuch to read customer reviews from people just like you, compare rates and see how close they are to you. You can even communicate with tradesmen to discuss the work before making your decision — you’re in complete control!
Our search tools are designed to help you find a tradesman that best suits your needs, budget and location.
Are you looking for a sash windows specialist to fit or repair your windows? HaMuch lists qualified tradesmen with experience of the entire process, from installing double glazing to making your home more energy-efficient. Enter your location to get started.