Staircase and Banister Specialists near You: For Staircase Design and Fitting, Replacement and Repair
Why You Need a Staircase and Banister Specialist
Whether you are considering building a new staircase — or repairing or restoring an existing one — design, construction and installation are all vital concerns.
There are a number of circumstances that might require a staircase and banister specialist, from taking on a large-scale building project to repairing weak and creaking steps or a loose banister. Staircase specialists possess the unique craftsmanship to ensure that stairs act as not just a functional connection between living levels, but that they also meet your design requirements. Staircases are available in a variety of designs and types, from contemporary to rustic and from spiral to traditional L-shape. Whatever your needs, a staircase specialist can advise on the best design and materials for you.
What Does a Staircase and Banister Specialist Do?
Building a new staircase — or repairing an existing one — is an art that requires specialist knowledge. Design, comfort and, of course, safety, all play a major role. Some of the services a staircase and banister specialist might offer include:
- Design ideas — Every staircase build starts with a design. During planning, certain dimensions must be observed to ensure smooth and safe access to living areas. Staircase and banister contractors can create floor plan designs that consider various staircase layouts to determine what will work best for the space available. If you also want to install staircase lighting or an additional solution, your specialist will be able to ensure your staircase design can accommodate it.
- Production and Construction — Building a new staircase involves following a careful process. Precise planning and measurements are critical, as even a small error can compromise the safety of your stairs. When calculating steps, the amount of space available will determine the shape and slope ratio of the staircase. A staircase specialist will consider all these aspects in the design, production and construction of your stairs, in addition to mounting the banister and stair railing.
- Fitting and safety regulations — Your staircase specialist will ensure that your staircase is fitted securely and according to Safety Regulations. A key safety requirement of residential staircases, for example, is that the rise is between 190 mm and 220 mm. The going should be a minimum of 220 mm, while the pitch should not be more than 42 degrees. A staircase specialist will ensure these guidelines are adhered to, to prevent slips and falls.
- Advise on the right type of staircase — When building a new staircase, it’s important to understand that staircases come in many different shapes and sizes. The shape of your stairs will depend on the space you have available and the size of your room. You can choose from spiral stairs, straight stairs, L-shaped stairs, curved staircases and many other options besides, but it’s important to make sure you have the space and foundations to accommodate them.
- Advise on the right material for your staircase — Just as with stair types, there’s a lot of variety when it comes to the material your staircase is made from. Glass, steel and wood will all give your home a unique aesthetic and will require a different application — a staircase and banister specialist can provide advice on what’s right for you.
Finding a Staircase and Banister Specialist near You
Installing and repairing staircases and banisters requires a very specific skill set. A carpenter or joiner will often specialise, and it’s important you find someone who has experience doing the job you need. A carpenter who specialises in flat packing furniture for a move, for example, likely won’t have the tools and knowledge necessary to draw up floor plans and advise on the safety requirements of fitting a staircase. At HaMuch, our tradesmen are all carefully vetted, ensuring you find a person capable of doing the work.
To find a staircase and banister specialist near you, follow our simple three-step process:
- Post your job: Find your location, either by typing in your postcode or town, or selecting where you are from our extensive list of regions, counties and cities in the UK. We ask you to select your maximum budget, so that you never pay more than what you can afford. Post the details of your job and we’ll match you with tradesmen in your area who are qualified and experienced to do the work.
- Get quotes: We’ll send your job listing to specialists in your area. We’ll notify you via text when three tradesmen have expressed interest in your job.
- Select your tradesman: Review the profiles and experience of the tradesmen interested in working with you. You can use HaMuch to read customer reviews from people just like you, compare rates and see how close they are to you. You can even communicate with tradesmen to discuss the work before making your decision — you’re in complete control!
Our search tools are designed to help you find a tradesman that best suits your needs, budget and location.
If you’re looking for a staircase and banister specialist near you, use HaMuch to check rates, read customer testimonials and more. We let you set your budget so that you find the job you need from a qualified and vetted tradesman, without having to worry about extortionate, unexpected fees. Search today!