Do I Need a Rot and Mould Removal Specialist?
Mould may seem like a harmless threat, but with enough moisture, it can cause an allergic reaction and even respiratory problems in those sensitive to it. Mould forms in areas of high humidity and can be caused or worsened by a number of factors; these include faulty heating, poor ventilation, water damage, excessive condensation, or even structural defects, such as leaky roofs.
If you have noticed dark spots on the walls, a musty, earthy smell in your property or the appearance of pests such as woodlice or silverfish, it’s likely you are experiencing a mould infestation. Invisible spores spread through the air and can affect your floor, books and clothing, however, mould can be most prominent in non-visible places, including behind wallpaper or plasterboard.
To rid your home of the harmful effects of mould, you need a rot and mould removal specialist. HaMuch makes it easy to find wet rot specialists, dry rot specialists, or anything else you might need to get your home smelling of roses once again.
What Does a Rot and Mould Removal Specialist Do?
Rot and mould can be difficult to combat, especially when the infestation is severe. The duties of a rot and mould specialist include:
- Domestic and commercial mould inspection: Taking a detailed survey analysis is an effective way to combat rot and mould growth and spread. Mould generally grows as a result of the damping effect on surfaces. This may be from leakage from pipes, baths or washing machines. A rot and mould removal specialist can conduct a survey to help detect leaks and provide a solution.
- Wood rot treatment: Logs cut into planks for construction purposes are meant to undergo a seasoning process to reduce and prevent wet or dry rot and mould, as well as reducing incidence of woodworm. Without proper dry rot or wet rot treatment, rot and mould can grow over time. Wood rot specialists can replace rotten timber with treated timber to stop the spread of mould.
- General domestic and commercial mould treatment: Rot and damp can affect a range of materials, such as wood, concrete and fabric. A rot and mould control specialist can treat the surface with the appropriate fungicide.
How to Find a Rot and Mould Removal Services Near You?
To find rot and mould treatment services near you, follow our simple three-step process:
- Post your job: Find your location, either by typing in your postcode or town, or selecting from our extensive list of regions, counties and cities in the UK. We ask you to select your maximum budget, so that you never pay more than what you can afford. Post the details of your job and we’ll match you with tradesmen in your area who are qualified and experienced to do the work.
- Get quotes: We’ll send your job listing to pest control specialists in your area. We’ll notify you via text when three tradesmen have expressed interest in your job.
- Select your tradesman: Review the profiles and experience of the tradesmen interested in working with you. You can use HaMuch to read customer reviews from people just like you, compare rates and see how close they are to you. You can even communicate with tradesmen to discuss the work before making your decision — you’re in complete control!
Our search tools are designed to help you find a tradesman that best suits your needs, budget and location.
Are you looking for a rot and mould specialist to combat the effects of damp in your home or commercial property? Use HaMuch to compare prices and find a qualified tradesman near you.