sunday telegraph
the sun


Property Professional

Do I Need to Hire a Local Specialist for My Landlord 'Electrical Safety Certificate and PAT Test'?

With any rented residential accommodation in the UK, it is the landlord's responsibility to ensure that all electrical installations and appliances are safe. This applies from the moment the tenancy begins, right up until it ends, so as a landlord you need to ensure that electrics are continually kept in good working order.

PAT tests are routine inspections of electrical appliances in a property, using specialist PAT equipment to check that everything is working correctly. If your appliances only require a reduced or standard test, you will still need a specialist to carry out a PAT insulation test. It’s also vitally important for a landlord to ensure that fire, smoke and CO alarms are working, and that a home’s security systems are all in order.

If you are a landlord looking for a specialist PAT testing service, engaging the services of a professional will ensure that testing on all seven categories of appliances are carried out as required.

What Do Landlord Electrical Safety Certificate and PAT Testing Specialists Near You Do?

PAT technicians perform a wide range of appliance tests and assessments, including:

  • Safety inspections: A qualified technician can perform PAT tests efficiently, with minimal disruption to a home.
  • Issuing landlord safety certificates: Upon completion of the PAT test, certification will be issued and evidence of testing will then be placed on each appliance.
  • Installation, repair & rewiring of electrical cables and systems: Most PAT specialists are also professional electricians, which means they can undertake the job of rewiring or repairing any electrical faults in your property. This includes mains wiring and sub-power installation and repair.
  • PAT and fixed testing advice: A professional technician can provide you with accurate, up-to-date, technical information on PAT testing and fixed wire testing.

Looking for a landlord safety certificate for smoke and fires? Check out our list of vetted heating engineers.

How to Find Local PAT Testing Services Near You?

HaMuch makes it super easy to find specialists who can administer PAT tests and landlord safety certificates in your local area. To find PAT testing near you, follow our simple three-step process:

  1. Post your job: Find your location, either by typing in your postcode or town, or selecting from our extensive list of regions, counties and cities in the UK. We ask you to select your maximum budget, so that you never pay more than what you can afford. Post the details of your job and we’ll match you with tradesmen in your area who are qualified and experienced to do the work. 
  2. Get quotes: We’ll send your job listing to electricians in your area. We’ll notify you via text when three tradesmen have expressed interest in your job.
  3. Select your tradesman: Review the profiles and experience of the tradesmen interested in working with you. You can use HaMuch to read customer reviews from people just like you, compare rates and see how close they are to you. You can even communicate with tradesmen to discuss the work before making your decision — you’re in complete control!

Our search tools are designed to help you find a tradesman that best suits your needs, budget and location.

Found the right landlord safety certificate and PAT testing specialist, but still in need of services? Check out our list of related tradesmen, including local electricians and electric appliance installation specialists.

Sponsors & Partners

Danfoss Delta Dore Devi Drayton Fernox Franke HIP Magazine Pegler Polypipe SPARKS Magazine SureStop Wago