If you’re interested in refurbishing or renovating your home, you’ll need the professional services of a local specialist in home renovations, extensions, conversions and decorating.
It may seem like a good idea to save some money by undertaking the renovation yourself, but ask yourself whether you have the right tools and necessary skills to undertake flooring, tiling, wiring, pointing and everything else the work will likely require.
We would always recommend seeking out a trusted renovation specialist, ideally someone with a solid reputation and many positive customer reviews that have been posted over a long period of time. HaMuch makes it easy to find such a specialist.
What Do Renovation and Refurbishment Contractors Do?
All homes need to be well-maintained. If a house is not properly cared for, its structure will swiftly decline, its value will sharply decrease, and it can even become dangerous to inhabit. That’s where a refurbishment and renovation specialist comes in.
Refurbishers improve buildings by redecorating, renovating and re-equipping them, a process that can involve major or minor repair works, extensions and conversions, painting and decorating and more. This is where a refurbishment specialist comes in. Depending on the amount of work needed, a refurbishment specialist can carry out:
- Minor refurbishment: The purpose of this particular type of refurbishment is to extend the economic life of a building by up to five years. Refurbishment of this kind is done with a planned and phased build, and occupants can continue living in the building while it’s being carried out. Minimal alterations are made to the building’s structure.
- Medium refurbishment: This type of refurbishment is carried out to renew the fabric of a building, bringing it up to the latest standard. Medium refurbishment also involves limited structural alterations, and potentially the removal and replacement of fittings and/or finishes.
- Major refurbishment: Typically undertaken in order to make a building secure for as long as possible (at least for a period of 15 years). The building is completely refurbished to meet modern standards, and this may involve complete structural alterations.
How to Find a Building Refurbishment Contractor Near You
HaMuch makes it super easy to find refurbishment services in your local area. To find a specialist near you, follow our simple three-step process:
- Post your job: Find your location, either by typing in your postcode or town, or selecting from our extensive list of regions, counties and cities in the UK. We ask you to select your maximum budget, so that you never pay more than what you can afford. Post the details of your job and we’ll match you with tradesmen in your area who are qualified and experienced to do the work.
- Get quotes: We’ll send your job listing to builders in your area. We’ll notify you via text when three tradesmen have expressed interest in your job.
- Select your tradesman: Review the profiles and experience of the tradesmen interested in working with you. You can use HaMuch to read customer reviews from people just like you, compare rates and see how close they are to you. You can even communicate with tradesmen to discuss the work before making your decision — you’re in complete control!
Our search tools are designed to help you find a tradesman that best suits your needs, budget and location.
Looking for other local fitting services? At Hamuch.com, we have the right tradesman for you. Browse through our extensive list of local doors and windows fitting services and floor fitting services.