If you have a dated TV room that you want to spice up and utilize, there are many ways in which you can turn it into a cosy space that everyone can enjoy. We look at a few great tips from experts on how to turn your TV room into a cosy space.
- Choose your colours. Consider adding a fresh coat of paint and choose two-tone walls for a great effect. Choosing just the right colour will make a huge difference in the look and feel of the room so using two tone paint will automatically draw attention away from the ceiling and allow for a cosier effect.
- Exchange coffee tables for ottomans. If you have a large seating arrangement it can feel a little strange to have too much space between a coffee table and your sofa. Exchange your coffee tables with ottomans and make the most out of your space. It’s also a much more comforting choice to make.
- Use tall potted plants. If you have large spaces available and high enough ceilings, use potted plants to fill vertical spaces perfectly. Just make sure that you have enough light in the room to support the plants.
- Add a room divider. You can even add a daybed as a room divider, especially in large TV rooms. This can also help you to create two seating areas while keeping the flow between the two areas.
- Add an L–space sectional. If you have a large, modern TV room you can add a big L-shaped sofa that will definitely add a lot of comfort to the room.
Experts will also tell you that you should design your TV room with yourself in mind. If you want to spend a lot of time in the room, make sure you have a cosy space for yourself that you can enjoy every day. You can create an intimate spot for two as well.
When it’s time to convert your TV room into a cosy space, work with a designer that can help you choose the right furniture, layout and accessories to create a unique room that is cosy and definitely a big attraction in your home.
Visit HaMuch to find an interior design specialist to help you turn your TV room into a practical and very comfortable space that everyone in the home can enjoy.